Kernel panic : VFS Unable to mount root fs on 03:01

Kernel panic : VFS Unable to mount root fs on 03:01

Post by Pierr » Sat, 05 Jan 2002 10:04:29

What wrong ! I'm unable to load Linux.

1. Kernel Panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 03:01

Kernel Panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 03:01

This is the message I get when trying to boot Linux now. I recompiled a
new kernel and now it doesn't boot, it stops at this message. I have
compiled the kernel at least 4 times and everytime I get this. I can
boot the old kernel from a floppy. Do I have lilo setup wrong? Someone
told me I may have to do something with rdev and making a patch to the
new kernel with boot partition. I don't know what that means, but it
sounds like something I should try. Someone else told me to do something
with 'mkinitd'. I really need some more details, these vague
suggestions, while they are appreciated, are not really helping me.

Keith

2. Newbie question

3. Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:01

4. ICMP Router Discovery Messages

5. Kerner panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 03:01

6. How do I use IBM PC Camera/USB on Linux?

7. DOS filesystem: kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount fs on 03:01

8. Kernel panic:VFS:Unable to mount root fs on 0:1:00

9. Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs...

10. Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs

11. Help: Kernel Panic: VFS unable to mount root fs

12. 2.3.99-4-2: Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on ....