Proc table and file table

Post by Hugo F. Martine » Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:00:09

Hello:
    I would like to know how can I check the current number of process
and open files i have running on my system.

Thanks!

-

1. where are process-table, region-table, inode-table?

Hi,
        Can anyone tell me where I can change the text table (the max # of
executable that a system can run at any time) , region table , inode tables
and file table? I want to tune my kernel a bit, since it's running slow
w/ my 486 8M.. somehow the kernel is taking more than 10% of my total memory
(624k for kernel code, 384k reserved, 376k data).... leaving me enough to
barely run a X... I read a book called "System Tuning" (base on System V)
which mentioned something about changing the text table , region table,
inode tables anf file table to tune the system. Anyone know where I should
change these defaults? Anyone think that the kernel configuration script
should allow us to estimate the # of users our system will be serving..and
then calculate(estimate) the size of these tables? Does these tables
exist in Linux?

Please enlighten me..

TIA

Dan

2. NIS Passwd issue

3. C programming Error : Assertion failed: table->edgeH == VL_EDGE_NO_WRITE || table->edgeH == VL_EDGE_ZERO_FILL || table ?

4. Apache 1.1.1 & Secure Sockets

5. file table vs. inode table

6. Citrix password encrytion tool for Solaris Client?

7. /proc - how to find and access the file table of a process?

8. Symbolic Links??!!

9. /proc file table overflow

10. /proc:File table overflow.

11. local table v/s main table

12. How to read a text format table into a table in database?