Would anyone be willing to host a second kernel.org site?

Would anyone be willing to host a second kernel.org site?

Post by Craig I. Haga » Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:10:09

Quote:> Do you have any statistics on what percentage of the download traffic
> is whole kernels versus patches?  If most of the traffic is whole kernels,
> I think I might be able to offer up a fix for that.

this is something that hooking into a cache heirarchy (e.g. NLANR)
might help resolve.

-- craig

Craig I. Hagan     "It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to back it up"
hagan(at)cih.com        "True hackers don't die, their ttl expires"
        "It takes a village to raise an idiot, but an idiot can raze a village"

        Stop the spread of spam, use a sendmail *!
             http://www.veryComputer.com/~hagan/smtpd-hacks

                       In Bandwidth we trust

-

More majordomo info at  http://www.veryComputer.com/
Please read the FAQ at  http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. kdevelop.org site opens up a nortel site

I wanted to download the latest kdevelop package for linux. I opened up
www.kdevelop.org in my browser and I get a Nortel networks site. Anybody
else having this problem? Also, with the older version I have on my box I
can run a test c++ pgm in the built-in debugger, but I can't run it
standalone, also, if I check the "link statically" box in kde, I get an
error message when I try to build. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Connection refused - telnet

3. FTP: New Linux FTP site: ftp.kernel.org

4. Installation of Hard Disk

5. New FreeBSD Site Willing to Mirror

6. Calc and Emacs

7. redhat 9 kernel diff from kernel.org kernel?

8. Redhat and Apache

9. Is there any suggestion to handle user and group for two unix hosts in same site

10. Returned mail: Host unknown (Name server: yy.laketaylor.org: host not found)

11. how to get a list of willing X-hosts when I start X?

12. Anyone with an ICH2 or ICH3 Intel southbridge and UDMA133 harddrive willing to test?

13. Greatly needing help with SLIP, if anyone's willing to help...