IDE

Post by Ian Molto » Fri, 23 May 2003 23:00:22

Hi.

I've got an old IDE disc (Quantum Maverick 270A) and it appears to be
detected OK, however I get about 15 hda: lost interrupt between
detection and printing the partition table (which seems to go OK).

this is on 2.5.69, with my own IDE driver (which I ported from 2.4.16)

any ideas? I heard 2.5 doesnt like some very old drives...

--
Spyros lair: http://www.mnementh.co.uk/
Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are tasty and good with

Systems programmers keep it up longer.
-

1. e-ide driver 6.30 uses same interrupt on IDE-0 and IDE-1

I have a 10 GB SeaGate disk that works fine under Windows 95, not with Linux.

With W95, the Control Panel + Device Drivers + Hard Disk controllers says
it is using "standard double driver PCI-IDE", and its resources are

   I/O address --- 1F0-1F7 --- 170-177
   IRQ         ---      14 ---      15

With Linux, when Caldera eDesktop 2.4 starts, it logs

  Uniform multi-platform e-ide driver revision 6.30
    IDE-0 at 0x1F0-0x1F7 on IRQ 14.
    IDE-1 at 0x170-0x177 on IRQ 14.

I guess that "IRQ 14" ( two times ) makes this disk to be not reachable
( any access to this disk ends up with "lost interrupt" ).

How can I tell that "e-ide" driver to use IRQ 15 on IDE-1 ?

Thanks a lot. Sebastian.

2. Help - Network hangs with 3c589....

3. Red Hat 5.2 Question

4. IDE status errors (IDE/SCSI conflict or buggy ide driver?)

5. tar error writing to tape drive

6. Weird IDE performance issue with two IDE drives

7. USBView Error after Recompiling 2.4.2 kernel

8. broken 2.2 IDE CD-RW (was Re: plain 2.2.X: no ide CD-RW?)

9. PATCH: support for IDE devices in ide-scsi with devfs

10. IDE CDRW and ide-scsi fun?

11. Problems with 2nd IDE i/f and IDE CD-ROM on Compaq Presario CDS 972

12. Two-channel ide controllers + 3rd ide drive?