More progress on loading 2.5.50

Post by Matt Youn » Sat, 14 Dec 2002 00:00:10

PSAUX is not some fantastic French technology, it must be enabled.

My 3COM/USB adapter seems to be enabled correctly but the LCD lights do not
blink. Still testing.

95% there, although I did hack into do_mounts and force fed the proper root
device.

The patch for make that fixes make modules works fine, thank you.

Question:  Can I turn REISERFS on and off for testing (does in nun on top of
EXT2)

Yast is a dog.
-

Post by Hans Reise » Sat, 14 Dec 2002 00:30:11

>PSAUX is not some fantastic French technology, it must be enabled.

;-)

Quote:

>My 3COM/USB adapter seems to be enabled correctly but the LCD lights do not
>blink. Still testing.

>95% there, although I did hack into do_mounts and force fed the proper root
>device.

>The patch for make that fixes make modules works fine, thank you.

>Question:  Can I turn REISERFS on and off for testing

yes, though you'll also need to mkreiserfs your hard drive which has the
pleasing effect of removing and destroying ext2 and all files stored in
it.... (try man mkreiserfs)

Quote:> (does in nun on top of
>EXT2)

Au contraire, I must say that the ext2 developers are definitely better
nuns than we are.

>Yast is a dog.
>-

>More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
>Please read the FAQ at  http://www.tux.org/lkml/

I think you should use 2.4.20 not 2.5.50.  Really, the unstable series
(2.5) is not for  people to use, it is for people to test.

-