Error in ARM configuration (2.4.13)

Post by Kasparek Toma » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 02:40:17

Hi all,

I have found one strange line in arch/arm/config.in:

<PRE>
if [ "$CONFIG_ARCH_CLPS711X" = "y" ]; then
-->  source drivers/ssi/Config.in <--
fi
</PRE>

There is no directory named "ssi" anywhere. So is it misstypo or
should it be removed. Really, the first aid is to comment it out.

Tried with 2.4.13, but in 2.4.14 it looks like it's the same.

Should someone correct this?

In the list archive, there is something about this, it was for 2.4.9
kernel. I know there should be arch specific patches applied, but why to
have errors like this in vanilla kernel? (specially when correction is so
simple)

<PREV>
On Mon, 3 Sep 2001 05:07:37 +0200,

>Due to inexistant config.in files, make xconfig fail for the following architectures :
>* arm

</PRE>

Thanks.

--

        Tomas Kasparek (sioux, xkaspa06)

        student UIVT FEI VUT Brno

-

1. 2.4.13 errors and warnings

A couple of months ago I thought about this and could think of two
possible solutions:

o add a __moddevtable which expands to __devinitdata
  __attribute((unused)).
  Drawback: Needs changing of all drivers which produce the warning.
o add a variable which references the table within MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE.
  I implemented this, minor drawback is that it costs 4 bytes per table.
  However, IIRC Keith didn't like it at this time.

The best option, of course, is to move drivers to the new-style pci or
whatever interface, such that the table actually gets used. But the
middle of a stable series is not necessarily the best time to do so.

--Kai

-

2. Desktop environments

3. IDE kernel errors in 2.4.13

4. Linux PPP server with callback facility

5. Linux 2.4.13-ac1

6. Problem with TiMidity emacs interface...

7. 2.4.13: unresolved symbols with modules_install

8. cgi post-query won't run

9. 2.4.13-ac5 D-Link GigE and MSWin transfer timeout

10. VM tests on 2.4.14-pre3 and 2.4.13-ac3

11. 2.4.13-pre6 breaks Nvidia's kernel module

12. aic7xxx freezes with kernel 2.4.13

13. Deadlock in kernel > 2.4.13-pre6