AGP support locks X kernel v2.4.9

Post by Nick Papadoni » Fri, 24 Aug 2001 02:40:07

New information:

I tried compiling agp support and the i810 DRI as modules for kernel v2.4.9.
X exits out with:

(II) I810(0): Buffer map : bfb000
(II) I810(0): [drm] added 256 4096 byte DMA buffers
I810 Dma Initialization Failed

When recompiling the v2.4.8 kernel with the same configuration, X
starts fine.

I wonder what the delta between the two is?

- Nick

--
Nick
-

1. Need Help debugging Kernel Freeze (RH v2.4.9)

I have RedHat AS2.1 (v2.4.9) running on a Compaq DL580 machine with an
Oracle 92 database. This server for some reason just shuts down from
time to time.
There are no pattern and I cannot recreate the behavior.
(Since ASR is switched off the machine just sits there with a black
screen)

There are no messages in the /var/log/messages file and I have to
reboot the server by pressing the button on it.
I've been battling with this for some time now and need help. I did
enable the magic-keys and that does not show anything either.  Once
the machine is in this state it's not pingable either.
I have the latest Compaq Rompac's and Management agents, Nic drivers
and Array drivers installed.
What else can I try to see any messages or info that will point to
what the machine is doing once in this blackscreen state?

2. passwd: can't open ptmp, can't update passwd

3. v2.4.9 and sequential scan

4. what is Squeegit web server?

5. where do I find kernel-2.4.9-31

6. how to use "rcp"?

7. IP Masquerading - RedHat 7.2 kernel-2.4.9-13smp

8. passwd length

9. 2.4.21rc6-ac1 Nforce2 AGP+ATI FireGL v2.9.12=hard lock

10. v2.5.32 - v2.5.64+ Locks at Boot with Athlon Machine

11. procmail - mail processing program v2.01 (NFS locking support)

12. gdb 4.9 and g++ version 2.3.3

13. BIND 4.9 on linux?