Using IPCSysV in a device driver

Post by Nathalie Bara » Sun, 04 Mar 2001 03:20:04

I am wondering if it is permitted to use message queues between a user
application and a device driver module...
Can anyone help me?

Thank you
Nathalie Barat

Please CC to me...

-

Using IPCSysV in a device driver

Post by Dan Maa » Sun, 04 Mar 2001 18:40:04

Quote:> I am wondering if it is permitted to use message queues between a user
> application and a device driver module...
> Can anyone help me?

It may be theoretically possible, but an easier and much more common
approach to this type of thing is for the driver to export an mmap()
interface. You could synchronize using poll() I think...

Regards,
Dan

-

1. ? How do I find what device driver a device is using?

I have a problem.

Short question is how can I tell from a running system what
device driver a device is using?

Long Question:  I have two servers, one a new 7028-6c1 that
has aix433 ml10 on it.  I am using a nim server that is installed
at aix4.3.3.ml9 to try and test a backup and recovery solution, but
when the machine reboots into maintenance or install mode, it does not
see the 18.2GB internal scsi drives (which work fine when the machine
is up in normal mode)

Looks like a missing device driver from one to the other, but I would
prefer
not to install ml10 on the nim server, and if it is one back-level
driver,
I would like to check that out...

So, does anyone know a command to see which
drivers are loaded with a device?  Thanks.

Casey

2. Fritz!DSL card sync - PPPoE kernel module problem

3. Device driver calling another device driver.

4. Stats comp.os.linux.networking (last 7 days)

5. Device driver question (generic device driver)

6. Xt/Example programs, ftp site?

7. Compare file modification date using tcsh built-ins

8. tin-1.4.4 packages for Solaris (SPARC & Intel)

9. Stabbed US preacher flees INDIA state (The same INS tactics used against the stabbed preacher)

10. Plug-Ins using C++

11. device driver using serial port

12. Using kernel_fpu_begin() in device driver - feasible or not?

13. Writing device drivers using Digital Unix