Dynamic Probes port to s/390

Post by S Vamsikrishn » Wed, 20 Feb 2002 03:10:44

Dynamic Probes for s/390 is released.

Dynamic Probes is a generic and pervasive debugging facility that will
operate under the most extreme software conditions such as debugging a deep
rooted operating system problem in a live environment.

Dynamic Probes v2.2.0 has been ported to s/390 by Michael Grundy

2.4.7+addional s/390 updates.

Please visit the project webpage:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/linux/projects/...

for downloading dprobes.

Regards.. Vamsi.

Vamsi Krishna S.
Linux Technology Center,
IBM Software Lab, Bangalore.
Ph: +91 80 5044959

-

1. FTP from AIX to OS/390 question

Does anyone have experience in FTP'ing textfiles from AIX to an OS/390
mainframe ? So far I have succeeded in succesfully transferring text by
standard FTP. There's a few special SITE commands that regulate dataset
allocation specifics on the mainframe. So far so good.

The trouble is 'special characters' (i.e. ascii values above 127 - the
8th bit is used). When I transfer a text file containing special
characters, the eighth bit gets chopped off in the process (ascii
transfer with automatic conversion to ebcdic), and I end up with non-
useable files on the mainframe end.

Searching IBM's documentation all I've come up with is the CONVXLAT
utility on OS/390.. but I wouldn't know how to use that.

I would be very pleased if you'd share your experiences with me on this
one.

Thanx,

EJAY

AIX Admin, The Netherlands

2. xterminal off the desktop ???

3. XFree86 on Thinkpad 390

4. 2.4.21-pre2+bk: matroxfb compile broken

5. Aix 4.3.2 on a Power2 390

6. what to do?

7. Re. RS 6000 with channel adapter direct to 390

8. newbie needs help installing 2.2.3 kernel

9. LTT for 2.5.37 6/9: S/390 trace support

10. Ref. 7012/390 won't boot

11. What Fast IR chipset does ThinkPad 390 use?

12. Linux on Thinkpad 390 ?

13. Tekram DC-390 and Linux first time setup.