Linux 2.5.65

Post by Linus Torvald » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 00:40:15

I've delayed this too long, but Ingo found why the scheduler sometimes did
bad things, and this should all be good.

A lot of fairly small changes all over the map, see the full changelog for
details.

                Linus

---

Summary of changes from v2.5.64 to v2.5.65

<ale...@technomagesinc.com>:
  o Re: hot scsi disk resize

<andre.brei...@null-mx.org>:
  o io_edgeport.c diff to fix endianess bugs

<a...@arndb.de>:
  o [trivial] avoid a warning for each module on s390x

<c...@locutus.cmf.nrl.navy.mil>:
  o [ATM]: Get lec net_device names correct
  o [ATM]: Obsolete some atm_vcc members

<clem...@ladisch.de>:
  o usb-midi.h: fixes for SC-8820/50

<gr...@linuxhacker.ru>:
  o [VLAN]: Fix memory leak in procfs handling
  o Memleak in KOBIL USB Smart Card Terminal Driver
  o USB: more Edgeport USB Serial Converter driver stuff
  o USB: memleak in Edgeport USB Serial Converter driver

<j-nom...@ce.jp.nec.com>:
  o ia64: CONFIG_NUMA build fix

<jmor...@intercode.com.au>:
  o [CRYPTO]: Move km_types out of header

<lafo...@netfilter.org>:
  o [NETFILTER]: Fix ipv6 build

<lou...@cse.unsw.edu.au>:
  o ia64: fsys-version of gettimeofday()

<man...@us.ibm.com>:
  o [NET]: Move SKB header init to allocation time for better cache
    behavior

<miyaz...@linux-ipv6.org>:
  o [IPSEC]: Add full ipv6 support

<msdem...@cl.uni-heidelberg.de>:
  o USB: Patch for DSBR-100 driver

<ste...@steveft21.austin.ibm.com>:
  o Fix memory overwrite in readdir on large directories

Adam Belay <am...@neo.rr.com>:
  o Manual Resource Setting Update
  o Interface Changes
  o PnP Card Serivice Revisions
  o ALS100 Updates
  o OSS SB driver Updates
  o Aditional Card Service Changes

Alan Cox <a...@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk>:
  o [NETFILTER]: Remove 2.0 and 2.2 stuff from netfilter
  o minor breakage fix from typo fixes
  o minor typo fix that got missed
  o remove 2.2 compatmac stuff from rio driver
  o exterminate 2.2 gunk from video stuff
  o look a typo 8)
  o more 2.0 crap
  o more 2.0/2.2 bits
  o another typo that escaped
  o fix aic7xxx aicasm build
  o remove a pile of 2.0 and 2.2 support
  o filter more 2.2 junk
  o kill stdarg in intermezzo
  o missed patch - static not extern inline in cia
  o correct BUG doc
  o kill the now dead ide_ioreg_t
  o kill long unused macro
  o add serial port table for PC9800
  o correct BUG doc in parisc
  o remove unused beep macro on sh
  o Add ELF types for Hitach H8 series
  o remove 2.2 junk from efs
  o remove 2.2 bits fromw anpipe
  o remove 2.0 and 2.2 stuff from netfilter
  o add a new PCI quirk type for the ALi Magik series
  o remove 2.0/2.2 stuff
  o remove 2.0/2.2 stuff from wanrouter
  o correct emu10k url
  o correct file names in comments in mm
  o clean up 2.2 stuff in wanrouter code
  o ALi it turns out has a 31bit audio device
  o update PCI quirks
  o correct irq logic for x86
  o correct building of the old ide/hd.c driver
  o clean up all the console inits using an initcall variant
  o bring ide-disk driver into line with 2.4.21pre
  o ide-dma
  o switch ide-floppy to ide_execute_command
  o switch ide-io (core ioctls etc) to ide_execute_command
  o add sensible names to the ide iops
  o remove spare cast
  o switch ide taskfile ioctls to ide_execute_command
  o fix wrong type and statics in amd ide
  o update via driver from 3.35-ac to 3.36

Alan Stern <st...@rowland.harvard.edu>:
  o USB: Patch for auto-sense cmd_len

Alexey Kuznetsov <kuz...@ms2.inr.ac.ru>:
  o [IPV4]: Fix deadlock in IGMP locking

Andi Kleen <a...@muc.de>:
  o Fast path context switch - microoptimize FPU reload
  o x86-64 updates for 2.5.64-bk3

Andrew Morton <a...@digeo.com>:
  o i386 IRQ balancing cleanup
  o balance_irq lockup fix
  o Fix nfs oops during mount
  o rtc lock ranking fix
  o sk98lin 64-bit divide fix
  o cciss: fix initialization for PCI hotplug
  o export pfn_to_nid to modules
  o Reduced stack usage in random.c
  o fix inode reclaim imbalance
  o remove __pgd_offset
  o remove __pmd_offset
  o remove __pte_offset
  o missed unlock_kernel() in ext3+htree
  o reduce stack size: elf_core_dump()
  o uninlining in fs/binfmt_elf.c
  o ext3: fix error-path memory leak
  o fix ioremap off by one bug
  o register_blkdev cleanups
  o fix possible latency in balance_dirty_pages()
  o Implement sendfile() for NFS
  o Allow VFS readahead to fall to zero
  o Make diskstats per-cpu using kmalloc_percpu
  o Fix vm_area_struct slab corruption
  o slab use-after-free detector
  o slab debug: track caller program counter
  o slab debug: symbolic output in caller tracking
  o Fix copy_page_range()'s handling of invalid pages
  o move CONFIG_SWAP around
  o fix div-by-zero in bonding.c
  o usercopy checks in old_readdir()
  o hugetlb unmap_vmas() SMP && PREEMPT fix
  o ext2: fix error-path double-free
  o fix memory leak in load_elf_binary()
  o Extended attribute sharing and debug macro typo fixes
  o protect 'action' in show_interrupts
  o i386 show_interrupts() fix
  o fix SMP lockup in eepro100 with ethtool on unused
  o Larger buffer for /proc/interrupts display
  o Disable the "Unknown IO_APIC" message
  o raw.c: dev_t cleanup and oops fix
  o missing spin_unlock() in sysfs_remove_dir()
  o rpc_delete_timer race fix
  o remove compile warning from serial console initcall
  o revert the "remove kernel_flag" patch
  o fix a warning in eepro100.c
  o revert "noirqbalance still doesn't do anything"
  o ACPI suspend/resume locking fix
  o fix typo in init/Kconfig
  o pnp warning fix
  o fix console ordering default
  o work around gcc-3.x inlining bugs
  o NCPFS memleak fix
  o Memleak in Windows Logical Disk Manager partition
  o Fix memleak in ircomm_core
  o Force cache alignment of task_structs
  o ext3: error handling robustness
  o ext2: fix directory handling bug
  o unplugging fix
  o remove scsi_eh_retry_cmd
  o fix devfs oops
  o Fix mem= options
  o fix the fix for unmap_vmas & hugepages
  o Early writeback initialisation
  o Fix memleak in e100 driver
  o Ext2/3 noatime and dirsync fixes
  o ext2: block allocation fix
  o kiocbClear should use clear_bit instead of set_bit
  o initialise inode->i_rdev
  o AFFS fixes
  o fix raid0 oops
  o miropcm20-rds.c compile fixes

Andries E. Brouwer <andries.brou...@cwi.nl>:
  o scsi_error fix
  o some more NAND flash IDs
  o fix affs/super.c

Anton Blanchard <an...@samba.org>:
  o ppc64: use fast version of mtmsrd when changing RI, from Milton
    Miller
  o ppc64: remove extra clear of RI, we do it later on, from Milton
    Miller
  o ppc64: Fix some warnings in the ppc64 build, from Andrew Morton
  o ppc64: rework pci PHB probe code
  o ppc64: add missing include
  o ppc64: remove old irq balance code
  o ppc64: move pSeries specific fixup_bus out of generic code
  o ppc64: really move pSeries_pcibios_fixup_bus this time
  o missing include
  o ppc64: handle 8 byte loads and stores atomically in xmon
  o ppc64: add/remove config.h where necessary
  o ppc64: compat_sys_fcntl from Stephen Rothwell, remove socketcall
    emulation
  o ppc64: remove -finline-limit now that we force inlines

Art Haas <ah...@airmail.net>:
  o [NETFILTER]: C99 initializers for ipv6 netfilter
  o [NETFILTER]: C99 initializers for ipv4 netfilter
  o [NETFILTER]: Really apply the ipv4 C99 patches this time. :-)

Bart De Schuymer <bdsch...@pandora.be>:
  o [EBTABLES]: Trivial changes and cleanups

Benjamin LaHaise <b...@redhat.com>:
  o [NET]: Make sure nr_frags is accurate on paged SKB allocation
    failure
  o [NET]: Simplify scm handling and sendmsg/recvmsg invocation,
    consolidate net compat syscalls

Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn_helg...@hp.com>:
  o ia64: iosapic: make pcat_compat system property
  o ia64: iosapic: remove find_iosapic duplication
  o ia64: iosapic: simplify ISA IRQ init
  o ia64: iosapic: self-documenting polarity/trigger arguments
  o ia64: iosapic: rationalize __init/__devinit
  o ia64: IA32 support without sysctl doesn't work

Christoph Hellwig <h...@lst.de>:
  o update fdomain pcmcia support
  o update qlogic pcmcia support
  o remove some braindamage from drivers/scsi/pcmcia/Kconfig
  o i2c-core.c procfs updates
  o remove devfs_only()
  o fix possible NULL pointer dereference in scsi_scan.c
  o fix OOPS in i2c sysctl registration
  o fix up the i2c locking changes
  o switch over /proc/bus/i2c to seq_file interface
  o fix kmem_cache_size() for new slab poisoning
  o remaining bits of DEVFS_FL_AUTO_DEVNUM
  o remove regular file support from devfs
  o missing drivers/video/Makefile entry
  o i2c ID updates
  o update i2c algorithm drivers
  o i2c-core locking updates

Dave Jones <da...@codemonkey.org.uk>:
  o [CPUFREQ] fix cpufreq core breakage(s)
  o [CPUFREQ] fix userspace governor
  o [CPUFREQ] remove unneeded code
  o [CPUFREQ] updated cpufreq ref-counting and locking scheme
  o [CPUFREQ] add support for ICH4-M chipset in speedstep driver
  o [CPUFREQ] allow cpufreq drivers to export sysfs files
  o [CPUFREQ] update documentation
  o [CPUFREQ] Move pci define to pci_ids.h
  o [WATCHDOG] amd7xx_tco updates from Zwane, and nuke
    EXPORT_NO_SYMBOLS
  o [CPUFREQ] Fix documentation typos
  o [CPUFREQ] powernow-k7 lazy voltage setting
  o [CPUFREQ] More typos
  o [CPUFREQ] Yet another typo From Steven Cole
  o [CPUFREQ] Yet more typos
  o [CPUFREQ] Fix formatting of 'nothing' output
  o [CPUFREQ] powernow_decode_bios can be static
  o [CPUFREQ] Fix signed comparison warning in powernow-k7
  o [CPUFREQ] fix signed comparison warnings for longhaul
  o [CPUFREQ] Drop FSB scaling from VIA longhaul driver

Dave Kleikamp <sha...@shaggy.austin.ibm.com>:
  o JFS: Fix hang while flushing outstanding transactions under heavy
    load

David Brownell <davi...@pacbell.net>:
  o USB: track usb ch9 device state
  o USB ohci:  "registers" sysfs file

David Gibson <da...@gibson.dropbear.id.au>:
  o Squash warnings in usb-serial.c
  o Squash warning in ohci-pci.c on PowerBooks

David Mosberger <dav...@tiger.hpl.hp.com>:
  o ia64: Minor whitespace &

read more »

Linux 2.5.65

Post by John Cherr » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 03:00:20

Compile statistics: 2.5.65

                               2.5.64               2.5.65
                       --------------------    -----------------
bzImage (defconfig)         14 warnings          14 warnings
                             0 errors             0 errors

bzImage (allmodconfig)      30 warnings          30 warnings
                             9 errors            12 errors

modules (allmodconfig)    2356 warnings        2421 warnings
                            99 errors           100 errors

Compile statistics have been for kernel releases from 2.5.46 to 2.5.65
at: www.osdl.org/archive/cherry/stability  (will be updated by 6PM PST).

Other stability-related links:
   OSDL Stability page:
       http://osdl.org/projects/26lnxstblztn/results/
   Nightly linux-2.5 bk build:
       www.osdl.org/archive/cherry/stability/linus-tree/running.txt
   2.5 porting items:
       www.osdl.org/archive/cherry/stability/linus-tree/port_items.txt
   2.5 porting items history:
       www.osdl.org/archive/cherry/stability/linus-tree/port_history.txt

John

-

Linux 2.5.65

Post by CaT » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 07:30:10

> I've delayed this too long, but Ingo found why the scheduler sometimes did

Yaay! I was getting withdrawal symptoms. :)

Quote:> bad things, and this should all be good.

> A lot of fairly small changes all over the map, see the full changelog for
> details.

Aye. Most .config options got lost in the upgrade (I've had to reset
most of them so far).

One question. Should PCMCIA_AHA152X only be compilable as a module? I
found this in Kconfig:

config PCMCIA_AHA152X
        tristate "Adaptec AHA152X PCMCIA support"
        depends on m
        help
          Say Y here if you intend to attach this type of PCMCIA SCSI host
          adapter to your computer.

The help and the tristate seems to indicate that I should be able to
compile it into the kernel, but menuconfig wont let me. This is
presumably due to the dependancy but is it right?

--
"Other countries of course, bear the same risk. But there's no doubt his
hatred is mainly directed at us. After all this is the guy who tried to

-

Linux 2.5.65

Post by Christoph Hellwi » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:20:09

> One question. Should PCMCIA_AHA152X only be compilable as a module? I
> found this in Kconfig:

> config PCMCIA_AHA152X
>         tristate "Adaptec AHA152X PCMCIA support"
>         depends on m
>         help
>           Say Y here if you intend to attach this type of PCMCIA SCSI host
>           adapter to your computer.

> The help and the tristate seems to indicate that I should be able to
> compile it into the kernel, but menuconfig wont let me. This is
> presumably due to the dependancy but is it right?

I think all pcmcia drivers currently are compilable only as module.
This was because historically they need cardmgr to work properly, but
someone is working on fixing that IIRC.

-

Linux 2.5.65

Post by CaT » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 11:20:07

> > The help and the tristate seems to indicate that I should be able to
> > compile it into the kernel, but menuconfig wont let me. This is
> > presumably due to the dependancy but is it right?

> I think all pcmcia drivers currently are compilable only as module.

All the others I've used can be compiled in.

Quote:> This was because historically they need cardmgr to work properly, but
> someone is working on fixing that IIRC.

Ok. That might explain it then. :)

--
"Other countries of course, bear the same risk. But there's no doubt his
hatred is mainly directed at us. After all this is the guy who tried to
kill my dad."
        - George W. Bush Jr, 'President' of Regime of the United States
          September 26, 2002 (from a political fundraiser in Huston, Texas)

-

Linux 2.5.65

Post by Roman Zippe » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:20:06

Hi,

> One question. Should PCMCIA_AHA152X only be compilable as a module? I
> found this in Kconfig:

> config PCMCIA_AHA152X
>         tristate "Adaptec AHA152X PCMCIA support"
>         depends on m
>         help
>           Say Y here if you intend to attach this type of PCMCIA SCSI host
>           adapter to your computer.

> The help and the tristate seems to indicate that I should be able to
> compile it into the kernel, but menuconfig wont let me. This is
> presumably due to the dependancy but is it right?

Yes, this was the behaviour of the old config tools, which was restored
with 2.5.65. This means 'm' is a marker that this thing works only as a
module.
If you want the other behaviour, that it can only be built as a module in
a modular kernel, but compile it into a nonmodular kernel, you can use "m
|| !MODULES" instead.

bye, Roman

-

Linux 2.5.65

Post by CaT » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:40:13

> > The help and the tristate seems to indicate that I should be able to
> > compile it into the kernel, but menuconfig wont let me. This is
> > presumably due to the dependancy but is it right?

> Yes, this was the behaviour of the old config tools, which was restored
> with 2.5.65. This means 'm' is a marker that this thing works only as a
> module.
> If you want the other behaviour, that it can only be built as a module in
> a modular kernel, but compile it into a nonmodular kernel, you can use "m
> || !MODULES" instead.

Ahhh. So if I want module support but not use it as a module then I'm
SOL?

--
"Other countries of course, bear the same risk. But there's no doubt his
hatred is mainly directed at us. After all this is the guy who tried to
kill my dad."
        - George W. Bush Jr, 'President' of Regime of the United States
          September 26, 2002 (from a political fundraiser in Huston, Texas)

-

Linux 2.5.65

Post by Roman Zippe » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:50:12

Hi,

> Ahhh. So if I want module support but not use it as a module then I'm
> SOL?

Yes, or you have to complain to the module author.

bye, Roman

-

Linux 2.5.65

Post by John Bradfor » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:50:15

Quote:> > > The help and the tristate seems to indicate that I should be able to
> > > compile it into the kernel, but menuconfig wont let me. This is
> > > presumably due to the dependancy but is it right?

> > Yes, this was the behaviour of the old config tools, which was restored
> > with 2.5.65. This means 'm' is a marker that this thing works only as a
> > module.
> > If you want the other behaviour, that it can only be built as a module in
> > a modular kernel, but compile it into a nonmodular kernel, you can use "m

> Ahhh. So if I want module support but not use it as a module then I'm
> SOL?

vi .config

John.
-

Linux 2.5.65

Post by Adrian Bun » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 14:50:15

> Summary of changes from v2.5.64 to v2.5.65

>   o remaining bits of DEVFS_FL_AUTO_DEVNUM

The following files in 2.5.65 still contain DEVFS_FL_AUTO_DEVNUM:

arch/ia64/sn/io/xbow.c:                        0, DEVFS_FL_AUTO_DEVNUM,
arch/ia64/sn/io/sn2/pcibr/pcibr_dvr.c:                0, DEVFS_FL_AUTO_DEVNUM,
arch/ia64/sn/io/sn2/xbow.c:             DEVFS_FL_AUTO_DEVNUM, 0, 0,
arch/ia64/sn/io/sn2/klgraph.c:          0, DEVFS_FL_AUTO_DEVNUM,
arch/ia64/sn/io/klgraph.c:          0, DEVFS_FL_AUTO_DEVNUM,
arch/ia64/sn/io/klgraph.c:          0, DEVFS_FL_AUTO_DEVNUM,
arch/ia64/sn/io/klgraph.c:          0, DEVFS_FL_AUTO_DEVNUM,
arch/ia64/sn/io/sn1/pcibr.c:                0, DEVFS_FL_AUTO_DEVNUM,
arch/ia64/sn/io/ifconfig_net.c:                 0, DEVFS_FL_AUTO_DEVNUM,
arch/ia64/sn/io/ioconfig_bus.c:                 0, DEVFS_FL_AUTO_DEVNUM,
arch/ia64/sn/io/hcl.c:                  0, DEVFS_FL_AUTO_DEVNUM,
drivers/media/dvb/dvb-core/dvbdev.c:    #define DVB_DEVFS_FLAGS          (DEVFS_FL_DEFAULT|DEVFS_FL_AUTO_DEVNUM)

The last one causes a compile error on i386 with CONFIG_DVB_DEVFS_ONLY
enabled.

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

-

Linux 2.5.65

Post by Linus Torvald » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:20:28

> Ahhh. So if I want module support but not use it as a module then I'm
> SOL?

Well, does it _work_ as a built-in? If it does, just send me a patch for
the Kconfig file.

A lot of the PCMCIA stuff (16-bit) historically _only_ works as modules,
because the old PCMCIA code depended on module unload to do a lot of the
cleanups that the regular internal eject handling didn't do. But if that
driver works for you built-in, then the Kconfig file itself is simply just
wrong.

                Linus

-

Linux 2.5.65

Post by CaT » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 17:40:10

> > Ahhh. So if I want module support but not use it as a module then I'm
> > SOL?

> Well, does it _work_ as a built-in? If it does, just send me a patch for
> the Kconfig file.

Well, I would if I could. I don't actually have the card, I was just
going to compile it in incase I had to use one one day. Saves time not
having to recompile the kernel and I don't wanna waste disk space on
modules (and having to clean them up from old kernel versions etc). My
laptop HD space is precious. :)

Quote:> A lot of the PCMCIA stuff (16-bit) historically _only_ works as modules,
> because the old PCMCIA code depended on module unload to do a lot of the
> cleanups that the regular internal eject handling didn't do. But if that
> driver works for you built-in, then the Kconfig file itself is simply just
> wrong.

It might be an idea to modify the help and maybe the error message right
now as at the moment the help indicates that it can be compiled in
without stating any conditions for it, and the error message talks about
some other mysterious component that this one depends on that was selected
as a module and so this one will be, which would send the user off on a
goose chace (like it did me for a wee bit :). Is there a way to
customize that? If so I could make up a patch that clarifies things
more.

--
"Other countries of course, bear the same risk. But there's no doubt his
hatred is mainly directed at us. After all this is the guy who tried to
kill my dad."
        - George W. Bush Jr, 'President' of Regime of the United States
          September 26, 2002 (from a political fundraiser in Houston, Texas)
-

1. ide kernel panic: 2.5.64-ac3 2.5.65-ac1 2.5.65-mm4

AMD K6/2 with VIA chipset has this panic at boot:

Kernel panic: ide: default attach failed

Panic on 2.5.64-ac3, 2.5.65-ac[13], 2.5.65-mm4, 2.5.65-bk4.

No panic on 2.5.61-ac1, 2.5.65-mm3, 2.5.65, 2.4.21-pre5, 2.4.21-pre5-ac3.

No modules.

egrep '^C.*IDE|^C.*VIA' /usr/src/linux-2.5.65-ac1/.config
CONFIG_IDE=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK=y
CONFIG_IDEDISK_MULTI_MODE=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEPCI=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_PCI=y
CONFIG_IDEDMA_PCI_AUTO=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_VIA82CXXX=y
CONFIG_IDEDMA_AUTO=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE_MODES=y

Boot message on 2.5.65-ac1:

Uniform Multi-Platform E-IDE driver Revision: 7.00alpha2
ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
VP_IDE: IDE controller at PCI slot 00:07.1
VP_IDE: chipset revision 6
VP_IDE: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
VP_IDE: VIA vt82c586b (rev 47) IDE UDMA33 controller on pci00:07.1
    ide0: BM-DMA at 0xe000-0xe007, BIOS settings: hda:DMA, hdb:DMA
    ide1: BM-DMA at 0xe008-0xe00f, BIOS settings: hdc:DMA, hdd:DMA
hda: Maxtor 51536U3, ATA DISK drive
hdb: ATAPI CDROM, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
hdc: Maxtor 52049U4, ATA DISK drive
ide1 at 0x170-0x177,0x376 on irq 15
hda: host protected area => 1
hda: 30015216 sectors (15368 MB) w/2048KiB Cache, CHS=29777/16/63, UDMA(33)
 hda: [PTBL] [1868/255/63] hda1 hda2 hda3
hdc: host protected area => 1
hdc: 40020624 sectors (20491 MB) w/2048KiB Cache, CHS=39703/16/63, UDMA(33)
 hdc: hdc1 hdc2 hdc3
ide-disk: hdc: Failed to register the driver with ide.c
ide-default: hdc: Failed to register the driver with ide.c
Kernel panic: ide: default attach failed

lspci -vvv for IDE interface

IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. Bus Master IDE (rev 06) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
Latency: 64
Region 4: I/O ports at e000 [size=16]

lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C598 [Apollo MVP3] (rev 04)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C598/694x [Apollo MVP3/Pro133x AGP]
00:07.0 ISA bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586/A/B PCI-to-ISA [Apollo VP] (rev 47)
00:07.1 IDE interface: VIA Technologies, Inc. Bus Master IDE (rev 06)
00:07.3 Host bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT82C586B ACPI (rev 10)
00:13.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C (rev 10)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV6 [Vanta] (rev 15)

--
Randy Hron
http://home.earthlink.net/~rwhron/kernel/bigbox.html

-

2. Help Converting to Linux?

3. [2.5.65] kexec for 2.5.65 available

4. NFS : Exporting readonly to clients

5. Linux 2.5.65-ac2

6. Larry Hastings - The Moron

7. Linux 2.5.65-ac3

8. Blank Screen when using startx (STB Velocity 128)

9. interop success, ip6sec Linux 2.5.65 vs FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE

10. Some Warning from gcc-3.4-cvs for 2.5.65

11. 2.5.65: 3C905 driver doesn't work.

12. fix pppoatm compile in 2.5.65

13. 2.5.65 RCU oops.