Why cann't I find ac97_codec.o module in the 2.4.20 kernel?

Why cann't I find ac97_codec.o module in the 2.4.20 kernel?

Post by Shi J » Sat, 22 Feb 2003 21:37:20

Hi there,

I downloaded the 2.4.20 kernel from kernel.org.
But I found that my i810 sound card doesn't work.
Because there is not ac97_codec.o file in the generated modules.
Although there is ac97_codec.c file in the source code.
I am wondering where can I select to enable this ac97_codec module.
Since if I install the 2.4.20-2.9 rpm , there is such module and my
soundcard works.
This may look stupid , but I went through all the options under sound
card using make xconfig, there is no place to explicitly enable this
module.
Thank you very much.