sooner 2.4.21-pre8

Post by Jeff Chu » Tue, 22 Apr 2003 02:40:08

Marcelo,

Is it possible for you release pre's sooner than currently trend? That way
more people can get to try out the pre's rather than having to wait for
one large chunk. And if others don't feel like downloading the more
frequent pre's, they can wait longer to download bigger chuck.

Just a thought.

Thanks,
Jeff

-

sooner 2.4.21-pre8

Post by Michae » Tue, 22 Apr 2003 03:30:12

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 08:28:43 +0800 (SGT)

> Marcelo,

> Is it possible for you release pre's sooner than currently trend? That way
> more people can get to try out the pre's rather than having to wait for
> one large chunk. And if others don't feel like downloading the more
> frequent pre's, they can wait longer to download bigger chuck.

http://linux.bkbits.net
-

sooner 2.4.21-pre8

Post by Brian Jackso » Tue, 22 Apr 2003 07:00:09

Isn't there a place to get frequent bk snapshots, or is that only Linus' tree?

--Brian Jackson

> On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 08:28:43 +0800 (SGT)

> > Marcelo,

> > Is it possible for you release pre's sooner than currently trend? That
> > way more people can get to try out the pre's rather than having to wait
> > for one large chunk. And if others don't feel like downloading the more
> > frequent pre's, they can wait longer to download bigger chuck.

> http://linux.bkbits.net
> -

-

sooner 2.4.21-pre8

Post by Matt Repper » Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:10:08

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 23:52:05 -0500

> Isn't there a place to get frequent bk snapshots, or is that only Linus' tree?

And you now have read access to up-to-date CVS "mirrors" of whatever's in bk.
The module names are 'linux-2.4' and 'linux-2.5'.

Matt
-

sooner 2.4.21-pre8

Post by M. Ignacio Monge GarcĂ­ » Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:47:20

> Isn't there a place to get frequent bk snapshots, or is that only Linus'
> tree?

> --Brian Jackson

>> On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 08:28:43 +0800 (SGT)

>> > Marcelo,

>> > Is it possible for you release pre's sooner than currently trend? That
>> > way more people can get to try out the pre's rather than having to wait
>> > for one large chunk. And if others don't feel like downloading the more
>> > frequent pre's, they can wait longer to download bigger chuck.

>> http://linux.bkbits.net
>> -
>> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel"

>> Please read the FAQ at  http://www.tux.org/lkml/

> -

Look at ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4/testing/cset

        All changes listed on BK are there.

Do computers dream of electric sheeps?

sooner 2.4.21-pre8

Post by Brian Jackso » Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:30:16

I meant the -bkN snapshots, but I can only seem to find them for Linus' tree.
So if we want to use the cvs repository, we need to

$ cvs rdiff -u -D 11/28/2002 -D now linux-2.4

(I show 11-28 for 2.4.20's release, at least that's when he sent the email)

seems easy enough.

--Brian Jackson

> On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 23:52:05 -0500

> > Isn't there a place to get frequent bk snapshots, or is that only Linus'
> > tree?

> And you now have read access to up-to-date CVS "mirrors" of whatever's in
> bk. The module names are 'linux-2.4' and 'linux-2.5'.

> Matt
> -

-

sooner 2.4.21-pre8

Post by Matt Repper » Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:10:08

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 07:24:32 -0500

> I meant the -bkN snapshots, but I can only seem to find them for Linus' tree.

Oh, yes. Those are only being generated for 2.5, yes, at least they way you're
thinking. You may want to look at this though:

http://www.XX.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.4/testing/cset/

(Doing appropriate substitution for XX with country codes of course.) This
does seem to have a gzipped patch from the latest -pre to the BK tree as of
some time.

Matt
-