Netmos PCI parallel card

Post by Tim Waug » Fri, 16 Feb 2001 21:28:10

> Attached is a patch to make a Netmos PCI parallal port card working.

Please try the following patch instead.  That card _should_ have a
working ECR.

<URL:ftp://people.redhat.com/twaugh/patches/linux24/linux-netmos.patch>

Tim.
*/

  application_pgp-signature_part
< 1K Download

1. PCI Netmos Parallel port

I have a machine running RH 6 1/2 with rtl 3.0 (EMC linux 2.2). I
have installed a PCI parallel port card with a Netmos 9805 chip. The
chip auto-configures itself as follows:

(from /proc/pci)
Bus 0, device 20, function 0, irq 10
i/o at 0xac00 [0xac01] <<<< this is supposed to be the port i/o
i/o at 0xb000 [0xb001] <<<< this is the ecp/epp/spp register
i/o at 0xb400 [0xb401] <<<< not used
i/o at 0xb800 [0xb801] <<<< not used
i/o at 0xbc00 [0xbc01] <<<< not used
i/o at 0xc000 [0xc001] <<<< not used

I load:
insmod parport.o
insmod parport_pc.o io=0x378,0xac00 irq=7,10
(0x378 & irq7 are the on board parallel port)

I verify that this was properly loaded by checking:
/proc/parport/1/hardware and the irq at /proc/parport/1/irq

When i run my applications the port 0x378 is fully functional but
the port 0xac00 can only be read. The main app, EMC updates its
status display based on the actual bit status at the port. If I
electrically force bits high or low the display correctly updates
verifying that it is being properly read, however the program is
unsuccessful at writing to the port. There is a small utility
included with EMC that allows test writing to any specified port,
again I am able to write to port 0x378 but not 0xac00.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Dean

2. question on smf(5) dependency

3. Need patch NetMos 9835 for 2S PCI card

4. WIN95 long file names

5. Netmos Nm9835cV serial card

6. Bell Sympatico ADSL and Linux

7. Trying to install a serial card with a Netmos 9845 Chipset

8. Chooser of a DEC XTERM who boot from Linux

9. SIIG PCI parallel port card

10. Detecting PCI Parallel card

11. Trying to get SIIG PCI parallel card to work.

12. SIIG Parallel PCI Card