make modules_install returns unresolved Symbols (depmod) while compiling kernel

make modules_install returns unresolved Symbols (depmod) while compiling kernel

Post by Pieter Van den Abeel » Wed, 21 Feb 2001 03:05:02

I have a similar problem when compiling the latest kernel from
www.kernel.org. I'm now running a Suse 7.0 with Kernel 2.2.16 and KDE2.01
and it works fine.

to compile kernel 2.4.2-pre3
make xconfig dep clean bzImage modules works fine

but modules_install gives an error: depmod pcnet_cs unresolved symbols in
pcnet.o

what do I do wrong???

I can boot my new kernel but I can't use the newly compiled modules.

pls help me out.

Pieter Van den Abeele

1. make modules_install fail: depmod *** Unresolved symbols (official

Download, compile and install Rusty's latest module-init-tools
ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/rusty/modules

2. XVIEW PROGRAMMING

3. New: Lots of unresolved symbols (make modules_install/depmod)

4. HELP!! IP addressing changing in NIS+ on Sol 2.3

5. make modules_install fail: depmod *** Unresolved symbols (official 2.4.20)

6. test

7. Custom Kernel: depmod - unresolved symbol(s) in multiple modules

8. Boot on dat

9. Unresolved symbols with 2.4.7 kernel - depmod -ae

10. 2.5.33 - Unresolved symbols in arch/i386/kernel/apm.o - depmod: cpu_gdt_table

11. Custom Kernel: depmod - unresolved symbol(s) in multiple modules - Could somebody shoot me?

12. depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.5.67-bk2/kernel/drivers/usb/serial/visor.ko

13. 2.4.13: unresolved symbols with modules_install