1. 2.5.51 - Strange UP APIC / 8139too / USB issues
I have a system with an Abit AT7 motherboard: VIA KT333, single Athlon,
512M RAM, onboard RTL8139 network, USB, USB2, 1394. *NO* onboard PS/2
keyboard or mouse ports.
Other: IDE HD, CD-RW, and DVD. Radeon 8500DV (will try getting that
working later :)
I have used the system successfully with 2.4, and have been trying to
get 2.5 to work. Until now, I haven't been able to get the USB keyboard
to work. It is initialized by the BIOS, and is usable by GRUB for
selecting boot images.
I finally found the culprit - "Local APIC Support on Uniprocessors" and
"IO-APIC on uniprocessors". If both items are enabled, the network
functions, but USB doesn't work. If not both are enabled (neither, or
Local APIC but not IO-APIC), then the USB system works, but the network
I am not using modules.
these are the only differences in .config:
multimedia linux-2.5.51 # diff -u working_network
--- working_network 2002-12-11 15:43:31.000000000 -0500
# CONFIG_SMP is not set
# CONFIG_PREEMPT is not set
+# CONFIG_X86_UP_IOAPIC is not set
# CONFIG_X86_MCE_P4THERMAL is not set
I can send complete configs, lspci / lsusb / whatever else anyone wants.
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
2. Compiling modules-1.2.8 depmod
3. Matrox Mystique ands X.
5. USB, T-Online, Eumex 504PC USB [Was: Re: suse6.4 - usb]
6. How Linux with OS/2 Boot Manager
7. 8139too Fast Ethernet driver 0.9.13
8. : BuyUNIXPC.com Launches Website For The Unix Enthusiast!
9. 8139too on Proliant
10. 8139too vs rtl8139 driver
11. can't get 8139too to work with SMC 1211TX
12. 8139too.c Problem
13. 8139too driver goes missing