problem with eepro100 NAPI driver

Post by zhengchuanb » Sun, 21 Jul 2002 23:40:08

i tried ehe eepro100 NAPI driver on linux2.4.19. the kernel was compiled successfully. but when i tested the throughput of the system,i met some problem.
i tested the system with smartbits. when the frame size is 64bytes, in the beginning the system can receive and transmit packets. but after a while, the network card would not receive and transmit packets any more.
then with frame size bigger than 128bytes, it worked well. the throughput was improved. (but sometimes it also has some problem just like 64bytes frames).
so what's the problem? is there something wrong with the driver?
please cc. thanks.

zhengchuanbo

-

problem with eepro100 NAPI driver

Post by Zhang Fuxi » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:30:12

  I don't know which version you get.The ealier versions do have
serious problems. The latest one(6.19) on NAPI website works
well for me,but someone report problem of it too.Since i get no
environment and time to investigate it,the problem is pending now.
I will send you the latest patch in case you can't find it in other mail.

>i tried ehe eepro100 NAPI driver on linux2.4.19. the kernel was compiled successfully. but when i tested the throughput of the system,i met some problem.
>i tested the system with smartbits. when the frame size is 64bytes, in the beginning the system can receive and transmit packets. but after a while, the network card would not receive and transmit packets any more.
>then with frame size bigger than 128bytes, it worked well. the throughput was improved. (but sometimes it also has some problem just like 64bytes frames).
>so what's the problem? is there something wrong with the driver?
>please cc. thanks.

>zhengchuanbo

-

1. problem with eepro100 NAPI driver

i applied the patch0708, but i still met the problem.
when i tested the 64bytes frame with smartbits, in the beginning both the RX and TX of the system are OK. but after a while,the network card would not receive and transmit packets any more.
i checked the proc/ params, and found that when soft_reset_count increased one, the system would stop to receive packets for a while.
the code after patched is as follows. at what condition will soft_reset_count increase? and  is there something  incorrect when dealing with that?  maybe the sp->cur_rx should be dealt?

      if (!(status & RxComplete)) {
         int intr_status;
         unsigned long ioaddr = dev->base_addr;
         unsigned long flags;

         spin_lock_irqsave(&sp->lock,flags);
         intr_status = inw(ioaddr + SCBStatus);
         /* We check receiver state here because if
          * we have to do soft reset,sp->cur_rx should
          * point to an empty entry or something
          * unexpected will happen
          */
         if ((intr_status & 0x3c) != 0x10) {
            if (speedo_debug > 4)
               printk("No resource,reset\n");
            speedo_rx_soft_reset(dev);
            sp->soft_reset_count++;
         }
         spin_unlock_irqrestore(&sp->lock,flags);
         break;
      }

-

2. Paging Space allocation of RS6000

3. NAPI eepro100 bug fixed

4. where is 'hostname'

5. NAPI for eepro100

6. help! my modem does not work

7. eepro100+NAPI failure

8. WINE (again)

9. new eepro100 driver: "eepro100: wait_for_cmd_done timeout!"

10. Replace the eepro100 driver with the e100 driver??

11. eepro100 ? network driver problem.

12. Problem with eepro100 driver

13. 2.2.16 eepro100 driver problems