DVD-ROM drive not recognised

Post by Richard Zidlick » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 21:40:05

Hello,

the kernel (2.4.18) says

hdb: MATSHITADVD-ROM SR-8586, ATAPI cdrom or floppy, assuming FLOPPY drive

Is this a known problem? Do we need to strstr the id->model for "DVD"?

Richard
-

1. LG 8160b dvd-rom will not read dvd

I'm running Mandrake 9.2/Windows XP Pro.  I have an LG DRD-8160b.  It
will read and play dvd's under XP, as well as music and data cd's.
Under Mandrake, it will read music and data disks, but it cannot read
dvd's.  When I use Mplayer or Xine, it gives me an error, something to
effect that it can't access the medium because there is no data
present or I don't have permission to access it.

I know there is data, and I know I have permission.  Is this related
to the problem with LG cd-rom's?  The latest firmware appears to be
1.01, which is what is on the drive.  Is there another firmware
version or software patch available?

2. counting phrases

3. Solaris, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RAM and UDF

4. It is possible to increase TLB and how (Solaris 7)

5. CD and DVD drives suddenly not recognised

6. Linux AFTER Win2000 is installed ???

7. xcdroast does not recognise CD/DVD drive

8. Pl?tzliche Probleme mit Suse 6.4

9. dumb question about DVD-ROM drive

10. The risk of high-speed CD/DVD-rom drives in current-day PCs

11. Problem using creative DVD-ROM drive. Help!

12. SCSI DVD-ROM drives (as CD)?

13. DVD-ROM drive support?