Building a new kernel, my system go asleep !!

Building a new kernel, my system go asleep !!

Post by Philippe Lefevr » Tue, 03 Apr 2001 06:07:12

Hello all,
I have a question about how to compile the kernel and I don't know if
post this request in the good forum. Accept my apologies if its not
the case.

My system go to sleep when I build a new kernel or do some long tasks
when I don't do any action on the keybord. So if i'm not striking some
keybord keys or move the mice while I'm compiling a new kernel, which
basically may take some time, my system go to in a wait state until I
do something.... and it takes some more time again !!

I tried to unvalidate APM daemons without any success. I guess this is a
built in procedure within the kernel but I would like to know if I can
disable it for some time and then re-enable it again when I finish.

Thank you in advance for any idea on the subject.

Building a new kernel, my system go asleep !!

Post by Mikael Chambo » Wed, 04 Apr 2001 02:58:25

did you tried xset -dpms ??

--
Mikael Chambon

ICQ 10249913       || http://www.cronos.org