cross-compiler problem

Post by Indukumar Ilangova » Fri, 10 Jan 2003 17:20:08

Hi All,

I tried to build cross compiler on Red Hat Linux
Kernel 2.4.2-2 on an i686.
I use binutils-2.13, gcc-3.2, glibc-2.2.5, glibc-2.2.5-mips-build-gmon.diff,
glibc-linuxthreads.tar.gz.
I followed the instructions from
http://www.ltc.com/~brad/mips/mipsel-linux-cross-toolchain-building.txt

I installed binutils  without any problems.

While compiling glibc2.2.5 I get the following error.

../sysdeps/unix/syscall.S: Assembler messages:
../sysdeps/unix/syscall.S:28: Error: absolute expression required `li'
make[2]: *** [/home/iilangov/crossGCC/mips/mips-glibc/misc/syscall.o] Error
1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/iilangov/crossGCC/mips/glibc-2.2.5/misc'
make[1]: *** [misc/subdir_lib] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/iilangov/crossGCC/mips/glibc-2.2.5'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have "asm/unistd.h" in the include path, still this problem is happening.
Do you guys have any clue ?

Thanks in Advance !
Indu