vCard on IPAQ

Post by Damie » Sat, 19 May 2001 19:47:02

Anybody know where I can set up a vCard, safe it on my IPAQ and then send it to
others instead of exchanging business cards ?

vCard on IPAQ

Post by Beverly Howar » Sun, 20 May 2001 01:40:44

Simply fill out a contacts entry with your information.

For other PocketPC's select it and "Send via IR"

For Palm users, install the freeware version of Peacemaker and select "Card
Exchange"

The first time you do this, you will be asked to select a card as your default
exchange card.

Beverly Howard

vCard on IPAQ

Post by Brad Adrian MS/MVP-C » Sun, 20 May 2001 03:29:43

If you're talking about sending a vCard as an e-mail attachment, here's what
you do:

In Outlook, open your own contact (OPEN it, don't simply highlight it). Then
from the FILE menu, select EXPORT TO VCARD FILE and save it to your
desktop's POCKET_PC_MY_DOCUMENTS (or whatever you've named it) folder. If
you've got file synchronization enabled with Activesync, it will be
transferred to your PPC.

Then, when you create an e-mail, simply click on the paper clip icon, select
your vCard and send it.

Hope that's what you were looking for.

--
Brad Adrian MS-MVP/CE

Anybody know where I can set up a vCard, safe it on my IPAQ and then send it
others instead of exchanging business cards ?

1. vCalendar, iCalendar, vCard file sending by mail

I sent an email with avCalendar file in attachment. On
the PDA (PocketPC 2002) I receive it but I couldn't add
the file to my Calendar. Why??
Thanks

The same also for iCalendar and vCard file.
Bye
 Federico

2. Excel Link File Missing

3. VCARD support on Pocket PC

4. C programming under windows

5. VCard on PPC2002

6. NNSP 2001, Second Call For Papers

7. vCard import to contacts

8. What Ipaq 3630 accessories will work with a Ipaq 5450

9. Flash drive Ipaq (Ipaq file store) gone....

10. Ipaq 3970n and Ipaq Navigation system

11. HP iPAQ 545x - iPAQ backup

12. Upgrade process IPAQ to IPAQ