Getting the ip of the desktop

Post by zepp » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 17:39:56

I have a device running PocketPC which is connected to a desktop via
serial cable, running ActiveSync. How do an application running on the
device can find
out the ip address of the desktop?
thanks,
 zeppi

Getting the ip of the desktop

Post by Chris Tacke, eMV » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 19:58:07

Check your device registry for the connected device's IP.  It will almost
always be 192.168.55.100 (or is it 101?  I never remember).  Using ppp_peer
also works.

-Chris

Quote:> I have a device running PocketPC which is connected to a desktop via
> serial cable, running ActiveSync. How do an application running on the
> device can find
> out the ip address of the desktop?
> thanks,
>  zeppi

Getting the ip of the desktop

Post by zepp » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 21:51:30

192.168.55.101 is the IP of the device. I would like to find out the IP of
the connected desktop. (using .net, c#)
thanks,
  zeppi

> Check your device registry for the connected device's IP.  It will almost
> always be 192.168.55.100 (or is it 101?  I never remember).  Using ppp_peer
> also works.

> -Chris

> > I have a device running PocketPC which is connected to a desktop via
> > serial cable, running ActiveSync. How do an application running on the
> > device can find
> > out the ip address of the desktop?
> > thanks,
> >  zeppi

Getting the ip of the desktop

Post by zepp » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:35:35

I am sorry, you are right. The ip you mentioned is the ip which
activesync uses.
My question was not clear. I try to ask it again:
I have a server on the desktop which listens to a certain port. The
device connects to this server, sends and recieves some data. How can
I find out the ip (I mean the "real" ip) of the desktop to be able to
connect to it? (I have mentioned in my original message activesync,
wich was propably confusing.)
thanks,
  zeppi

> Check your device registry for the connected device's IP.  It will almost
> always be 192.168.55.100 (or is it 101?  I never remember).  Using ppp_peer
> also works.

> -Chris

> > I have a device running PocketPC which is connected to a desktop via
> > serial cable, running ActiveSync. How do an application running on the
> > device can find
> > out the ip address of the desktop?
> > thanks,
> >  zeppi

Getting the ip of the desktop

Post by S. Hussain Akba » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 19:30:57

Ping doesn't work on either of these IPs.

Not a programming issue: I lost the ability to browse from PIE when cradled
after I installed ISA on my office LAN. I think that's because ISA isn't
allowing the PPC's IP. However, the ISA log shows denied request was
received from 127.0.0.1

What gives?

1. Help needed getting TCP/IP to work over USB.

I'm having a heck of a time trying to get TCP/IP working over a USB
connection.  I can view web pages using PIE using AnalogX proxy.  What I'm
after is to ping my IPAQ PocketPC from my Windows 2k desktop computer or
reverse.  This has got to be possible.  I can't imagine having to get a
network card to do this.  Could someone please help?

I've downloaded/installed vxUtil (the free Handheld network utilities).

I don't have a serial connection avaiable, only USB.

I've tried checking my IIS log after downloading pages and it comes up as
using my desktop computer's IP.

TIA - Jake

PS.  The purpose is to get Microsoft Message Queuing to work.  I've
downloaded the MSMQ for CE e-book by Ken Rabold.

2. Error when....

3. Pocket PC getting unique IP via USB

4. Visual Studio Net

5. ActiveSync IP connection from desktop to PocketPC

6. STACK ON MAC VS AMIGA

7. Lesson Learned: ActiveSynch, LAN and Desktop TCP/IP Configuration

8. Driver Problem

9. ActiveSync IP connection from desktop to PocketPC

10. What is the desktop IP

11. TCP/IP between app on PPC2002 and desktop

12. Getting ready for a new PPC (on the desktop)

13. Getting Palm Desktop data onto iPaq