iPAQ H1915 and PPC2002

Post by Miguel Ferreir » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:01:15

Hi fellows,

I just bought an iPQA h1915 (PPC 2002) and I'm starting to flirt with .NET
CF and SQL CE. But before diving into the internals I would like to have an
overview.

I read somewhere that transfering SQL CE to the pocket is just a question of
setting the right references (i don't remember. i think it's
system.data.SQLClientCE....) on the project in VS.NET 2003.
is it?

Any hints about debugging? Can I attach to the device's process? and check
my dear variables at runtime. How is the process model? any links? Kernel
mode, user mode? Sorry by these simple questions but I know nothing about
this little device.

PPC is a kind of OEM, isn't it? Do you know of any secrets so that I can
access deeper configs than those exposed by GUI. Do you have a "Black book
super secret guide" on mastering PPC 2002 internals?

:)

It seems to me that the PPC 2002 is quite simple. Maybe I'm wrong.

What about the device itself? At first sight, I liked this one... it's
small, has an attractive look, it's cheap and have 64 Mb (less than 40
available). Anyone having a similar one? Do you think that 16Mb ROM is just
fine?

What are the PPC versions and requirements?

thks,

--
Miguel Ferreira

Computers are fast, accurate and stupid.
Humans are slow, inaccurate and brilliant.
Together they are powerful beyond belief.

- Albert Einstein

--
Miguel Ferreira

Computers are fast, accurate and stupid.
Humans are slow, inaccurate and brilliant.
Together they are powerful beyond belief.

- Albert Einstein

1. How can I re-install my iPAQ h1915 ???

Hi.

I recently purchased an iPAQ h1915. I got a little carried away with the
possibilities and installed almost every app I could find. As with all
windows versions when you remove software theres always traces left... you
could say garbage that slugs up the system.

Now HP has given me a nice companion CD without the Windows Pocket PC 2002
installation files. Is this normal? I mean is it like a one time
installation???

You're help would be much appreciated.

2. FS:Lightwave 5.6 SGI

3. Theme for PPC2002 AND Skin for PPC2002 WMP8/7.1

4. Anyone else having problems with Budget?

5. Upgrade PPC2002 + WMP 8.0 + MSMessenger for PPC2002

6. Stock Quotes and MSN sync not working in 2002

7. deploying PPC2002 apps to PPC2002 emulator

8. SCSI 2 & SCSI 1

9. Tekguru: Bluetooth Tutorial & IPAQ 3660 (PPC2002) v iPAQ 3850 review now up

10. IPAQ 3630 - upgrading to PPC2002

11. My HP5450 is slower than my iPAQ 3650(PPC2002)

12. Terminal Services for PPC2002 on Ipaq

13. Where can I find the drivers for my Ipaq (ppc2002) to use a 3com Bluetooth