Which Wireless CF to buy?...

Post by Dan Bazine » Mon, 12 Nov 2001 23:24:48

I've got a Jornada 568 and want to get a wireless CF card for it.  I still
haven't bought the access point yet so I'm pretty open to suggestions.

Could you please provide me with feedback on your experiences?  Good, Bad or
Ugly?

Dan.

Which Wireless CF to buy?...

Post by Michael Gordon - MV » Tue, 13 Nov 2001 01:04:06

I have one from Symbol that works well; there's one out from Socket that
looks identical to the Symbol. And I hear that Linksys will be coming out
with one. Given that Linksys makes an Access Point, that might be a reason
to go in that direction.

--
Michael Gordon - MVP

Quote:> I've got a Jornada 568 and want to get a wireless CF card for it.  I still
> haven't bought the access point yet so I'm pretty open to suggestions.

> Could you please provide me with feedback on your experiences?  Good, Bad
or
> Ugly?

> Dan.

Which Wireless CF to buy?...

Post by Frank McPherson, MS-MVP/Mobile Device » Tue, 13 Nov 2001 01:40:47

Since you are using the Jornada 568 you need to be sure that the wireless
LAN card you select is a Type 1 CompactFlash. So far only the Symbol and
Socket cards will work. The D-Link CF Card is Type 2 and will not work with
the Jornada.

--
Frank McPherson
MS-MVP Mobile Devices

> I have one from Symbol that works well; there's one out from Socket that
> looks identical to the Symbol. And I hear that Linksys will be coming out
> with one. Given that Linksys makes an Access Point, that might be a reason
> to go in that direction.

> --
> Michael Gordon - MVP

> > I've got a Jornada 568 and want to get a wireless CF card for it.  I
still
> > haven't bought the access point yet so I'm pretty open to suggestions.

> > Could you please provide me with feedback on your experiences?  Good,
Bad
> or
> > Ugly?

> > Dan.

Which Wireless CF to buy?...

Post by Early Adopte » Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:59:24

I have the Symbol CF Networker and use it with an iPAQ 3850.

So far, it's been fairly good and have had equally good success in using it
with the following access points: 3Com, Cisco, and LinkSys. It really flies
for Pocket IE and POP3 email!

The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is ActiveSync via WLAN but
IR and the cradle work fine for that.

Quote:> I've got a Jornada 568 and want to get a wireless CF card for it.  I still
> haven't bought the access point yet so I'm pretty open to suggestions.

> Could you please provide me with feedback on your experiences?  Good, Bad
or
> Ugly?

> Dan.

Which Wireless CF to buy?...

Post by Sven » Tue, 13 Nov 2001 14:26:47

At this point I think only the Symbol card will work. Unless somehow you can
get a picture of what the Socket card will look like when it is available to
work.

> Since you are using the Jornada 568 you need to be sure that the wireless
> LAN card you select is a Type 1 CompactFlash. So far only the Symbol and
> Socket cards will work. The D-Link CF Card is Type 2 and will not work
with
> the Jornada.

> --
> Frank McPherson
> MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> www.pocketpchow2.com

> > I have one from Symbol that works well; there's one out from Socket that
> > looks identical to the Symbol. And I hear that Linksys will be coming
out
> > with one. Given that Linksys makes an Access Point, that might be a
reason
> > to go in that direction.

> > --
> > Michael Gordon - MVP

> > > I've got a Jornada 568 and want to get a wireless CF card for it.  I
> still
> > > haven't bought the access point yet so I'm pretty open to suggestions.

> > > Could you please provide me with feedback on your experiences?  Good,
> Bad
> > or
> > > Ugly?

> > > Dan.

1. looking to buy a wireless CF card

Hi,
I am looking to install a cheap wireless home network between my laptop and
my iPaq 3765.  Could some one tell me where to buy a cheap cf card?  I see
them on ebay for about $60 or $70.  Could you point me to some decent sites
on the web?  I would also be willing to buy a used one for a decent price.

By the way, the iPAQ should just recognized the device correct?  There
shouldn't be any driver installation.
Thanks,
Chris

2. Groupwise Client Uninstall

3. Ipaq + CF Sleeve + Wireless CF = What case ??

4. Powering off and on

5. Ipaq + CF Sleeve + Wireless CF = What case ?

6. Code request

7. Ipaq + CF sleeve + Wireless CF = What Case ?

8. Sell me your Palm IIIe, IIIx, V or Vx...

9. Where to buy Minstrel 540 wireless Modem?

10. Where to buy Socket Wireless LAN Card in UK?

11. iPAQ CF sleeve ... buy now or order from Compaq?

12. Where to buy CF Modem

13. Should I buy a Microdrive or a CF Card...?