What's that mean?

Post by Chery » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 11:52:22

I have implement a TCP sockets using the following codes in C#:

    Client = new System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient();
    Client.Connect ("137.189.56.239", 8000);
    networkstream = Client.GetStream();

However, the program only works on the emulator but not on my Pocket PC 2002
(with .netcf support).  The following error just pops out from my VS.NET
2003

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException'
occurred in System.dll

Additional information: This is usually a temporary error during hostname
resolution and means that the local server did not receive a response from
an authoritative server"

What's that mean?  How can I solve that?

1. What 'device.exe' error means

I have encountered device.exe error. these error does not always
occurs and I have no idea for what and in what case this error occurs.
and what it means.
Please let me know what this error means and how to solve this

Data Abort: Thread=8fe505a0 Proc=8e0a37b0 'device.exe'
AKY=ffffffff PC=00db3080 RA=00db3018 BVA=0841002c

once this error occurs, message appears in terminal and big dialog box
in PocketPC screen. but closing the box. almost everything works fine.

Your answer for a while can help me much
Thanks.

Follow-up is limited to microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer

--
Remove 'n0spam' to send e-mail to me.

What I wouldn't give to find a soulmate
                    - Alanis Morissette

2. FP97 and Zip Drive?

3. what does this mean please (regarding SD)

4. ANSI Compiler

5. What is LDAP mean?

6. Classic Computer Collection

7. what does the message: cannot execute repllog.exe mean

8. *.ddi files?

9. upload a file by means of a html form on Pocket PC IE

10. what do the extensions mean

11. Power iPAQ Through Unconventional Means

12. What is mean by Parrot Screen?

13. what does message truncated mean?