Jornada 545 -- Windows Media Player

Post by Jeff Rodrigue » Mon, 16 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Help!! I need somebody, not just anybody . . . Can anyone solve the following
problem?  Windows Media Player worked fine when I first got my Jornada 545.  But
now when I touch the icon, or the executable file (player.exe), the program does
not come up.  I never added any skins to my Jornada.  In fact, the only thing I
added was an extra memory card (64MB Microtech CompactFlash Media) and a Bible
program made by Laridan (I was experiencing this problem before I added the Bible
program, can't remember if I had the problem before I added the memory).

It would be nice to listen to music -- again.

If HP or Microsoft is monitoring this site, please help.

Thank you,

Jeff Rodriguez

P.S.  I've looked all over but cannot find a site where I can download a Windows
Media Player for the PocketPC (it's certainly not at
www.microsoft.com/windows/windowmediap/download).  I thought that if I that
somehow my player.exe file might have become corrupt and that the problem could
be fixed by reinstalling the file, but I can't find a site that has it.

Jornada 545 -- Windows Media Player

Post by Chri » Mon, 16 Oct 2000 04:00:00

It cannot be corrupt, it is in ROM.

-Chris

[...]

Post by Caju » Mon, 16 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Try a soft reset first.
--
Cajun

[...]

Post by John » Mon, 16 Oct 2000 04:00:00

install any skins from CF card? If so, try putting that CF card back in..

[...]

Post by Leonard Poo » Mon, 16 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Try a hard reset. I have the same problem before and the HP technician here in
Hong Kong told me to do so.

.

Jornada 545 -- Windows Media Player

Post by PHM » Tue, 17 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Try a hard reset. I have the same problem before and the HP technician
here in
> Hong Kong told me to do so.

The hard reset is a last resort, it restore your device to the same state as
when it arrived from the manufacturer.
Be sure to backup your documents if you do a hard reset, as the internal
storage will be cleared.

Philippe Majerus (PHM)