Compaq product

Post by Teri d » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I've had my iPaq for ~2 months---however I have been unable to really use in
full force as I have Windows NT..but that would require a "serial cable".  I
want to utilize wireless internet as does most everyone..but that would
require a " PC sleeve".  Even just more memory for music would be
nice...but...that would require a "CF sleeve".

I'm very disappointed in Compaq to say the least as they do not appear to be
concerned enough about their "Backorder" situation to communicate the status
of accessories & the unit itself.

I work in a manufacturing environment and realize circumstances that drive a
company into backorder...however, by ignoring the customer you risk losing
reputability and in the long run customers.

Just had to vent.

Teri

Compaq product

Post by Rob from Oklahom » Fri, 22 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I agree with you but if you are a shrewd shopper...if you really want the
accessorys...you should be able to get your hands on all that you need within 2
weeks.....

So far I bought my IPAQ (was on order at PCMALL...got sick of that and found it
at Circuitcity.com...got it within 1 week of my search)

Found the sleeve at Circuitcity 3 days after that

Found the USB cradle at Radio Shack (online)

and found the Leather sleeve at Insight the next day

got everything in hand (except for the Leather sleeve...should be here tomorrow
or Monday) within 2 weeks

good luck...but I agree...Compaq should have handled this better

rob

I've had my iPaq for ~2 months---however I have been unable to really use in
full force as I have Windows NT..but that would require a "serial cable".  I
want to utilize wireless internet as does most everyone..but that would
require a " PC sleeve".  Even just more memory for music would be
nice...but...that would require a "CF sleeve".

I'm very disappointed in Compaq to say the least as they do not appear to be
concerned enough about their "Backorder" situation to communicate the status
of accessories & the unit itself.

I work in a manufacturing environment and realize circumstances that drive a
company into backorder...however, by ignoring the customer you risk losing
reputability and in the long run customers.

Just had to vent.

Teri

.

1. Compaq Product Change Notification (PCN)

I just received the following in email, posted here for anyone who can use
it.

Tim E

Based on your profile entered at the Compaq Product Change Notification
(PCN) Web site we bring to your attention the attached Customer Advisories
announced between 3/15/2002 and 3/22/2002.

Document Number: MH020124_CW01
decreased system performance
http://www3.compaq.com/support/reference_library/viewdocument.asp?dt=...
e=MH020124_CW01.xml

Document Number: MH020208_CW01
Message
http://www3.compaq.com/support/reference_library/viewdocument.asp?dt=...
e=MH020208_CW01.xml

2. DataGrid control

3. Compaq iPAQ 3800 Product Change Notice

4. Wanted - OPL4 MOD player

5. Interesting New Product: Free Wireless Gateway Product...

6. There's still time to receive a FREE MUSICAL CD by completing my survey

7. Compaq To Release xScale Product

8. Nuclear War and the Millennium Bug

9. Compaq takes orders don't have products to ship

10. Does Upgrade Coupon want Product ID or Product Key?

11. Auto Adapter for Compaq Ipaq the same as Compaq Aero and much cheaper!

12. Compaq IPAQ 3660 versus Compaq IPAQ 3670

13. Outlook 2000 product id