Sync'ing Contacts, Calendar, notes, tasks question(s) on 2 machines

Sync'ing Contacts, Calendar, notes, tasks question(s) on 2 machines

Post by Dave » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 13:27:23

Hello all,

Just a dumb one, I am sure this has been asked in the past but, not sure on
how to search for details. Let's just say "info" is Contacts, Calendar data,
notes and tasks. I am using the newest version of Activesync on one machine
(going to install it and configure this if I can get this to work right).

I am a advanced Outlook user and use Outlook 2000 on the computer at work
and Outlook XP on the personal machine.

PocketPC: iPAQ 3600
Computer 1: Personal machine w/ personal "info" at home/small business on
Exchange
Computer 2: Computer at work w/business "info" on Exchange

I want all the "info" on my iPAQ but, don't want all the "info" from my
personal machine on my business machine and the same way the other way. I
want all this info on my iPAQ but, I don't need work stuff on my personal
machine or need my personal stuff on my work machine.

I want the machines to be different but, all the "info" on my iPAQ so, when
I sync with each machine, it adds the info to the iPAQ  but, knows what is
what, so if I sync it, it will update the data on my home machine or work
machine with modifications on the item that was created on that machine.

Know what I mean ? and can this be done with out major work every time I
sync ?

Thanks in advance !

-Dave

   Dave 'At" anywherecool "dot' com
    AIM: DavidinRI / MSN: ( MyE-mail address)
                  ICQ: 10640235

     http://www.anywherecool.com

IT and small business consulting services
    http://Services.anywherecool.com

1. Won't sync Calendar, Contacts, Notes and Tasks

I've been using Pocket PC for a while with no problems (I
can't say the same about my computer). I had to reinstall
Outlook 2000 followed by Outlook 2002.  I have plugged,
unplugged, uninstalled, resinstalled Activesync 3.5, 3.6,
and everything necessary but the sync options window
constantly shows that Calendar, Contacts, Notes and Tasks
are not installed.  Any help would be appreciated.
Jay

2. polygon clipping using GDI.

3. ActivSync won't sync my Calendar, Contacts, Task List or Notes anymore, Help!

4. So much for THAT one (forcefeeding sendmail)

5. Sync-ing Lotus Notes email, calendar and tasks with Activesync

6. Unix Backup Software suggestions

7. Calendar, Contacts and such not Sync'ing

8. Data General Terminal

9. Help: No sync for Contacts, Notes, Calendar & Tasks ???

10. Can't synch calendar, task and contact with outlook

11. ActiveSync won't sync calendar, contacts, or tasks

12. eMail & sync'ing two machines

13. Outlook 2000 ActiveSync can't sync Calendar, Contacts, or tasks