I am an american learning chinese and am looking for the best platform and

Post by Microsof » Mon, 17 Dec 2001 18:16:15

I am an american learning chinese and am looking for the best platform and
software to help me, including english to chinese dictionaries...

I want an English platform, but Chinese ime...

Any suggestions on CE / Pocket PC, and Dictionaries and software available?

Would eventually like to take notes on my hand heald in chinese as well...

Thanks!

I am an american learning chinese and am looking for the best platform and

Post by User » Mon, 17 Dec 2001 19:27:52

I bought my Cassiopeia E-125 in Hong Kong, and it came
with a Chinese IME program. (CE-Star for Ciangje, etc.
input and <"Moung Tim" Pen> for character recognition
input)

The character recognition works fine (but it's slow since
you have to write the entire character), but I couldn't
for the life of me figure out how to use CE-Star. Typing
on the software keyboard just outputs the English letters,
instead of Chinese. Since I'm used to using Ciangje on a
keyboard, I would have preferred to use CE-Star, but I
guess I'll have to stick with using English. It's more
convenient anyway :)

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am an american learning chinese and am looking for the
best platform and
>software to help me, including english to chinese
dictionaries...

>I want an English platform, but Chinese ime...

>Any suggestions on CE / Pocket PC, and Dictionaries and
software available?

>Would eventually like to take notes on my hand heald in
chinese as well...

>Thanks!

>.

I am an american learning chinese and am looking for the best platform and

Post by Hindarto Juwon » Mon, 17 Dec 2001 20:47:45

how to make IE able to see chinese character?

thanks

Quote:> I bought my Cassiopeia E-125 in Hong Kong, and it came
> with a Chinese IME program. (CE-Star for Ciangje, etc.
> input and <"Moung Tim" Pen> for character recognition
> input)

> The character recognition works fine (but it's slow since
> you have to write the entire character), but I couldn't
> for the life of me figure out how to use CE-Star. Typing
> on the software keyboard just outputs the English letters,
> instead of Chinese. Since I'm used to using Ciangje on a
> keyboard, I would have preferred to use CE-Star, but I
> guess I'll have to stick with using English. It's more
> convenient anyway :)

Post by Nova Nebul » Mon, 17 Dec 2001 21:19:45

alternatively, you could buy a Besta Chinese-English Dictionary (looks like
a HPC) that translated both ways (ch-eng) and accept traditional chinese as
well as short-forms and Han Yu Pin Yin.  http://www.besta.com/

Quote:> I bought my Cassiopeia E-125 in Hong Kong, and it came
> with a Chinese IME program. (CE-Star for Ciangje, etc.
> input and <"Moung Tim" Pen> for character recognition
> input)

> The character recognition works fine (but it's slow since
> you have to write the entire character), but I couldn't
> for the life of me figure out how to use CE-Star. Typing
> on the software keyboard just outputs the English letters,
> instead of Chinese. Since I'm used to using Ciangje on a
> keyboard, I would have preferred to use CE-Star, but I
> guess I'll have to stick with using English. It's more
> convenient anyway :)

Post by Hindarto Juwon » Mon, 17 Dec 2001 23:15:53

i mean without those 3rd party appz
they said there is a font that i have to get from my desktop PC

wat is the font name ?

cheers

> alternatively, you could buy a Besta Chinese-English Dictionary (looks
like
> a HPC) that translated both ways (ch-eng) and accept traditional chinese
as
> well as short-forms and Han Yu Pin Yin.  http://www.besta.com/

> > I bought my Cassiopeia E-125 in Hong Kong, and it came
> > with a Chinese IME program. (CE-Star for Ciangje, etc.
> > input and <"Moung Tim" Pen> for character recognition
> > input)

> > The character recognition works fine (but it's slow since
> > you have to write the entire character), but I couldn't
> > for the life of me figure out how to use CE-Star. Typing
> > on the software keyboard just outputs the English letters,
> > instead of Chinese. Since I'm used to using Ciangje on a
> > keyboard, I would have preferred to use CE-Star, but I
> > guess I'll have to stick with using English. It's more
> > convenient anyway :)

sorry can't help you there. I lost in CE-Star too.