___CxxFrameHandler link error on x86?

Post by Mark Findla » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 03:42:02

I have built a static library that uses __try / __except handlers. When I
link that lib into my main app, it links fine for the ARM build but gives me
numerous link errors for the x86 build. (I also receive 'eh vector
destructor' errors which I assume are also related to the
___CxxFrameHandler(?)

Here is a sample of the errors I receive:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall `eh vector
destructor iterator'(void *,unsigned int,int,void (__thiscall*)(void *))"

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall `eh vector
destructor iterator'(void *,unsigned int,int,void (__thiscall*)(void *))"

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall `eh vector
destructor iterator'(void *,unsigned int,int,void (__thiscall*)(void *))"

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall `eh vector
destructor iterator'(void *,unsigned int,int,void (__thiscall*)(void *))"

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler

I've done google searches for the above strings and found several pages
referencing the error, but they all seem to indicate that I am missing a
library in the link stage. How is it the ARM project builds ok, but the x86
is missing the libs (if that is the real problem)?

___CxxFrameHandler link error on x86?

Post by Alex Feinman [MVP » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 03:32:03

Which version of eVT/SDK?

> I have built a static library that uses __try / __except handlers. When I
> link that lib into my main app, it links fine for the ARM build but gives
me
> numerous link errors for the x86 build. (I also receive 'eh vector
> destructor' errors which I assume are also related to the
> ___CxxFrameHandler(?)

> Here is a sample of the errors I receive:

> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall `eh vector
> destructor iterator'(void *,unsigned int,int,void (__thiscall*)(void *))"

> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall `eh vector
> destructor iterator'(void *,unsigned int,int,void (__thiscall*)(void *))"

> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall `eh vector
> destructor iterator'(void *,unsigned int,int,void (__thiscall*)(void *))"

> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall `eh vector
> destructor iterator'(void *,unsigned int,int,void (__thiscall*)(void *))"

> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler
> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler

> I've done google searches for the above strings and found several pages
> referencing the error, but they all seem to indicate that I am missing a
> library in the link stage. How is it the ARM project builds ok, but the
x86
> is missing the libs (if that is the real problem)?

> Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

___CxxFrameHandler link error on x86?

Post by Mark Findla » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 04:31:00

Embedded Visual Tools 2002 3.0

> Which version of eVT/SDK?

> > I have built a static library that uses __try / __except handlers. When
> > link that lib into my main app, it links fine for the ARM build but
gives
> me
> > numerous link errors for the x86 build. (I also receive 'eh vector
> > destructor' errors which I assume are also related to the
> > ___CxxFrameHandler(?)

> > Here is a sample of the errors I receive:

> > error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall `eh vector
> > destructor iterator'(void *,unsigned int,int,void (__thiscall*)(void
*))"

> > error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall `eh vector
> > destructor iterator'(void *,unsigned int,int,void (__thiscall*)(void
*))"

> > error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall `eh vector
> > destructor iterator'(void *,unsigned int,int,void (__thiscall*)(void
*))"

> > error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall `eh vector
> > destructor iterator'(void *,unsigned int,int,void (__thiscall*)(void
*))"

> > error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler
> > error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler

> > I've done google searches for the above strings and found several pages
> > referencing the error, but they all seem to indicate that I am missing a
> > library in the link stage. How is it the ARM project builds ok, but the
> x86
> > is missing the libs (if that is the real problem)?

> > Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

___CxxFrameHandler link error on x86?

Post by Alexander Shargi » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 18:49:23

When linker complains about ___CxxFrameHandler, it usually means you are
trying to use C++ exceptions and RTTI in your program (which are not
supported on CE3.0/eVT3.0). Perhaps this is the case with your x86 app.

--
Sincerely,
Alexander

http://www.RSDN.ru - Russian Software Developer Network

> Embedded Visual Tools 2002 3.0

> > Which version of eVT/SDK?

> > > I have built a static library that uses __try / __except handlers.
When
> > > link that lib into my main app, it links fine for the ARM build but
> gives
> > me
> > > numerous link errors for the x86 build. (I also receive 'eh vector
> > > destructor' errors which I assume are also related to the
> > > ___CxxFrameHandler(?)

> > > Here is a sample of the errors I receive:

> > > error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall `eh vector
> > > destructor iterator'(void *,unsigned int,int,void (__thiscall*)(void
> *))"

> > > error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall `eh vector
> > > destructor iterator'(void *,unsigned int,int,void (__thiscall*)(void
> *))"

> > > error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall `eh vector
> > > destructor iterator'(void *,unsigned int,int,void (__thiscall*)(void
> *))"

> > > error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "void __stdcall `eh vector
> > > destructor iterator'(void *,unsigned int,int,void (__thiscall*)(void
> *))"

> > > error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler
> > > error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler

> > > I've done google searches for the above strings and found several
pages
> > > referencing the error, but they all seem to indicate that I am missing
> > > library in the link stage. How is it the ARM project builds ok, but
the
> > x86
> > > is missing the libs (if that is the real problem)?

> > > Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

___CxxFrameHandler link error on x86?

Post by Mark Findla » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:53:32

I am using __try / __except handling, but as soon as I installed the HPC SDK
the errors all went away. Strange!

> When linker complains about ___CxxFrameHandler, it usually means you are
> trying to use C++ exceptions and RTTI in your program (which are not
> supported on CE3.0/eVT3.0). Perhaps this is the case with your x86 app.

> --
> Sincerely,
> Alexander

> http://www.RSDN.ru - Russian Software Developer Network

> > Embedded Visual Tools 2002 3.0

> > > Which version of eVT/SDK?

> When
> > gives
> > > me

> > *))"

> > *))"

> > *))"

> > *))"

> pages
> the
> > > x86

1. linking errors for x86 build of a dll

Below are the errors I have from the linking process.
can anyone can help me on any of these especially
1. _ateexit

2. ___CxxFrameHandler

3. __except_list

libtun.lib and libutil.lib are owner by be and like this dll
were ported from winxp.

//////////////////////////////
Done Searching Libraries
dllmain.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _atexit
referenced in unction _$E193
LINK : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

libtun.lib(coutbound.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
___CxxFrameHandler
libtun.lib(cinbound.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
___CxxFrameHandler
libutil.lib(keymgtfile.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol ___CxxFrameHandler
libtun.lib(coutbound.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__except_list referenced in function "public: __th

libtun.lib(cinbound.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__except_list
libutil.lib(keymgtfile.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol __except_list
uswntx86/avlib.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'
Stop.

Thanks IA

Enda

2. Kodak Digital Color Proofer 4 Sale

3. Link error compiling for x86 emulation for HPCPro 2.11 SDK in eVC

4. 1500hd

5. Problem Linking x86 Emulator PocketPC 2002

6. Problem printing checks in Money 2002

7. Money access link error

8. UK Territory module always present?

9. Sending mail via c++ program (inbox), Link Error 2019

10. LINK error cannot open input file C:\Windows.obj

11. SHSipPreference linking error

12. OLEDB in MFC app. , getting link errors

13. InternetGetConnectedState Link error in PPC 2002 SDK