iPAQ and 128 MB limit?

Post by RC » Wed, 25 Dec 2002 00:09:16

Hi,
I've put a 256MB SD-memory card (from Sandisk) into my iPaq3970. When
transferring large files files (about 30MB) things go well until the
fourth one. Then I get different kinds of errors and my flashcard
becomes unreadable. I heve to reset my PDA.
Is there some limit I don't know of? I tested (and formatted) my card
with Flash Format and it finds no errors.
Tia

iPAQ and 128 MB limit?

Post by TomC » Wed, 25 Dec 2002 09:06:22

Quote:> Hi,
> I've put a 256MB SD-memory card (from Sandisk) into my iPaq3970. When
> transferring large files files (about 30MB) things go well until the
> fourth one. Then I get different kinds of errors and my flashcard
> becomes unreadable. I heve to reset my PDA.
> Is there some limit I don't know of? I tested (and formatted) my card
> with Flash Format and it finds no errors.
> Tia

No, no limit.  I've copied mpeg movies of up to 225-MB onto my two 256-MB
Sandisk cards for use in my H3870 and H5450 iPAQs with no problems.
However, I use a SmartDisk multicard reader to copy the files from my PC to
the SD cards, as the reader is _much_ faster than ActiveSync at copying the
files.