resolve items problem (yet again!)

Post by Robert Davi » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Using ActiveSync 3.1 sometimes when I click "resolve items" I get a
dialog which tells me which items are unresolved  and will then ask me
what to do.  Most of the time though, I do not get the dialog and\no
matter how many times I click "resolve items", it just attempts to
sync and fails with no other info.

Does ActiveSync 3.1 have a log so I can see which errors are
unresolved?  Is there a reason I am not getting the dialog?

Charles

resolve items problem (yet again!)

Post by Jason Dunn, MS-MVP/C » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

You can look at wcescomm.log  and wcesmgr.log  for info, and also try
scanpst.exe on your outlook file

Quote:> Hi,

> Using ActiveSync 3.1 sometimes when I click "resolve items" I get a
> dialog which tells me which items are unresolved  and will then ask me
> what to do.  Most of the time though, I do not get the dialog and\no
> matter how many times I click "resolve items", it just attempts to
> sync and fails with no other info.

> Does ActiveSync 3.1 have a log so I can see which errors are
> unresolved?  Is there a reason I am not getting the dialog?

> Charles

resolve items problem (yet again!)

Post by Robert Davi » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Thanks Jason,  I really appreciate the help.

I assume these files are on the desktop.

I did find the problem.  I seem to have two blank items in my
contacts. When I go to delete them, it says  no program memory
available.

No matter how much program memory I assigne via settings, it fails
with the same message.

How do I get out of this "evil" cycle.

resolve items problem (yet again!)

Post by Jason Dunn, MS-MVP/C » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I did find the problem.  I seem to have two blank items in my
> contacts. When I go to delete them, it says  no program memory
> available.

Are they also on the desktop? If so, delete them from there. Might require a
reboot if the process is locked by something....

resolve items problem (yet again!)

Post by David E. Mill » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Often when I get an unresolved it is when I do not sync Avantgo.  Once I
hook up to the net and sync the problem goes away?

Quote:> > I did find the problem.  I seem to have two blank items in my
> > contacts. When I go to delete them, it says  no program memory
> > available.

> Are they also on the desktop? If so, delete them from there. Might require
> reboot if the process is locked by something....

resolve items problem (yet again!)

Post by Robert Davi » Fri, 25 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Unfortunately, they are not on the desktop and therefore won't be
snch'd or resolved.  When I try to look for access them and open them
up or delete, I just get the system out of memeory (change memory
settigns loise running tasks) message.  There is nothing to close and
I have 9mb free.

1. Problem Resolving Sync Items

I am seeing something quite strange while syncing my SmartPhone with
ActiveSync 3.6.  I get 3 items in my Calendar that will not sync.  When I go
to resolve this, it tells me that I have something wrong with 3 Contacts,
not Calendar items yet nothing is wrong with the Contacts.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. Maxtor 1240S & LanMan

3. Active Sync resolve items problem

4. Pro & Calcomp plotter

5. Problem Resolving Calendar Items

6. Reverse look-up issue

7. Problem resolving items

8. Port or printer problem?

9. resolving items problem

10. Problems with Resolve items

11. Activesync....yet again!

12. Programming java under Windows CE.. yet again...

13. Wireless for iPaq (yet again...)