Contact viewing question: How do I see portion of note attached to Contact?

Contact viewing question: How do I see portion of note attached to Contact?

Post by Stick Inse » Mon, 31 Mar 2003 23:40:48

I switched from the Palm, and on the Palm if I tapped on a Contact, I
would see the pro-forma info (name, address, phone, etc), and then
also the first few lines of whatever Note I had attached.

The Pocket PC only displays the pro-forma info (and only some of it at
that).  Is there a way to force the PPC to display the first few lines
of the attached Note (as per the Palm)?

Thanks

Post by Qman » Tue, 01 Apr 2003 07:08:13

> I switched from the Palm, and on the Palm if I tapped on a Contact, I
> would see the pro-forma info (name, address, phone, etc), and then
> also the first few lines of whatever Note I had attached.

> The Pocket PC only displays the pro-forma info (and only some of it at
> that).  Is there a way to force the PPC to display the first few lines
> of the attached Note (as per the Palm)?

> Thanks

Nope not without a third party app such as Pocket Informant.

Pocket Informant is at v4.0.
Personally I still use v2.6.1 its more Palm like and the version I suggest
to Ex-Palm users.

visit: http://www.pocketinformant.com for more info.

HTH
Qman...
--
Posted with Ink Spot (for PocketPC) from DejaVu Software, Inc.
Usenet wherever you are - http://www.dejavusoftware.com/

Post by Stick Inse » Tue, 01 Apr 2003 19:13:19

> > I switched from the Palm, and on the Palm if I tapped on a Contact, I
> > would see the pro-forma info (name, address, phone, etc), and then
> > also the first few lines of whatever Note I had attached.

> > The Pocket PC only displays the pro-forma info (and only some of it at
> > that).  Is there a way to force the PPC to display the first few lines
> > of the attached Note (as per the Palm)?

> > Thanks

> Nope not without a third party app such as Pocket Informant.

> Pocket Informant is at v4.0.
> Personally I still use v2.6.1 its more Palm like and the version I suggest
> to Ex-Palm users.

Where can I get v2.6.1?  The website only offer v4.

Thanks

PS You would think Microsoft could have improved the fuctionality of
the PPC BEYOND that of the Palm by now!

Quote: