Pocket Genealogist

Post by Rikki » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 12:44:12

From:
MillenniaCorp
http://www.veryComputer.com/

ADD ON ANNOUNCEMENT - POCKET GENEALOGIST

The handheld computer revolution is here!  They are everywhere, and they are
not just glorified appointment books anymore.  Through the wonders of modern
electronics handheld PC's are changing the way genealogists do research...
Your
entire family will usually fit comfortably inside and be available at the
touch
of a stylus.

We are e*d to introduce Pocket Genealogist, a program designed to work
with
Windows CE devices.  These include Compaq iPAQ (one of the coolest handheld
devices ever) and other PocketPC's, Palm-Size PC's (Not 3Com Palm-Pilot),
Handheld Pro, and Handheld PC's. Pocket Genealogist is currently at version
1.1
and allows data "viewing" only. Even with this level of functionality it is
great way to take your family information with you on research trips. You'll
love it! Coming up in May, however, Pocket Genealogist will come in a new
version 2.0 with an Advanced edition.

Version 2 Advanced is a much more powerful program than its predecessor and
will support direct Legacy import (no more GEDCOMs) along with note editing
and
eventual data entry and editing together with 2-way synchronization between
itself and your Legacy family files.

Your research trip routines are about to change. No more lugging your laptop
around, chaining it to table legs and hoping it (and the table) will be
there
when you return from getting a book or searching through a roll of
microfilm.
Your data is in your pocket and ready for viewing, editing, and additions at
any time. When you get back home, just load the changes back into your
Legacy
family file on your desktop computer, and smile...

Pocket Genealogist

Post by K.ku » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 13:20:59

Dang, I was seriously thinking about pocket Gynocologist when I read the
title at first...
just imagine...your own personal Gyno in yer pocket.  :-)

PS: don't forget to put [ANN] next time around.

> From:
> MillenniaCorp
> http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

> ADD ON ANNOUNCEMENT - POCKET GENEALOGIST

> The handheld computer revolution is here!  They are everywhere, and they are
> not just glorified appointment books anymore.  Through the wonders of modern
> electronics handheld PC's are changing the way genealogists do research...
> Your
> entire family will usually fit comfortably inside and be available at the
> touch
> of a stylus.

Pocket Genealogist

Post by Ken Londo » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:05:52

> Your research trip routines are about to change. No more lugging your laptop
> around, chaining it to table legs and hoping it (and the table) will be
> there
> when you return from getting a book or searching through a roll of
> microfilm.

Instead you'll be hoping that your pocket pc will still be there.

Pocket Genealogist

Post by Ian Tindal » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 15:44:28

A Pocket Gynaegologist? What a good idea.

Pocket Genealogist

Post by Ken Londo » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 00:21:35

> A Pocket Gynaegologist? What a good idea.

What is A Pocket Gynaegologist i'm almost afraid to ask????

Pocket Genealogist

Post by Rikki » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:37:12

It's a cool idea... Thanks for the advice about [ANN], I was just forwarding
their news announcement sent to their mailing list.

> Dang, I was seriously thinking about pocket Gynocologist when I read the
> title at first...
> just imagine...your own personal Gyno in yer pocket.  :-)

> PS: don't forget to put [ANN] next time around.

> > From:
> > MillenniaCorp
> > http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

> > ADD ON ANNOUNCEMENT - POCKET GENEALOGIST

> > The handheld computer revolution is here!  They are everywhere, and they
are
> > not just glorified appointment books anymore.  Through the wonders of
modern
> > electronics handheld PC's are changing the way genealogists do
research...
> > Your
> > entire family will usually fit comfortably inside and be available at
the
> > touch
> > of a stylus.

1. ANN: Pocket Genealogist

Northern Hills Software proudly announces the release of Pocket Genealogist,
Version 1.00.  Pocket Genealogist is software to allow you to take your
Genealogy data with you on research trips to the library, cemetery, etc.

This software runs on all Windows CE mobile devices Version 2.0 or better.
This includes the PocketPC, the Palm PC (Not 3Com Palm Pilot), and the
Handheld/PC (H/PC and H/PC Pro).

For more information and links to download a copy of the program
(Shareware), visit: http://www.NorthernHillsSoftware.com

2. HP 1100 Question

3. Pocket Excel, Pocket Word, pocket powerpoint? Pocket Access?

4. Win95 connect speed interpretation

5. ANN: Pocket Quicken 2.01 for Pocket PC Now Available

6. Workspace > %if Statment Q

7. can't run downloaded pocket pc programs on pocket pc

8. Script on Emulator

9. Pocket Quicken on Pocket PC

10. ANN: Pocket Quicken for Pocket PC Now Available!

11. Pocket PC 3.0.11171 versus Pocket PC 2002 Premium

12. Pocket PC versus Pocket PC 2002

13. Pocket PC 2002 and Pocket On Schedule 3.5