ActiveSync 3.5 and Outlook 2002 (Office XP's)

ActiveSync 3.5 and Outlook 2002 (Office XP's)

Post by Kelvin Yon » Sat, 19 Jan 2002 14:29:02

Hi,

Just wanna ask if anyone have this similar problem.

Whenver I try to sync my iPaq with my desktop. And if I don't have Outlook
2002 running before I plug iPaq into the cradle and ready for the sync, I
will get the error saying that Outlook 2002 profile is not accessible.

I must ask, must I have Outlook 2002 running before I can sync inbox,
contacts, calendar with my iPaq?

Cheers.
Kelvin.

ActiveSync 3.5 and Outlook 2002 (Office XP's)

Post by Gary Huntzinge » Sat, 19 Jan 2002 16:16:09

I'm having the same problem with an iPAQ 3850 connected
to a Dell running Windows XP and Office XP. I get two
separate error messages if I try to sync and Outlook 2002
is not running. The second error message "Synchronization
cannot start because you cannot log onto the network..."
appears several times in Microsoft's Knowledge Base but
it is typically associated with earlier versions of
Outlook (typically 2000) and ActiveSync (prior to 3.5).
The tech support folks at Compaq were of no help.

MS Knowledge Base article Q276563 is an exact match to my
problem except the fix is for Outlook 2000 and ActiveSync
3.0 and 3.1.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,

>Just wanna ask if anyone have this similar problem.

>Whenver I try to sync my iPaq with my desktop. And if I
don't have Outlook
>2002 running before I plug iPaq into the cradle and

ready for the sync, I
Quote:>will get the error saying that Outlook 2002 profile is
not accessible.

>I must ask, must I have Outlook 2002 running before I
can sync inbox,
>contacts, calendar with my iPaq?

>Cheers.
>Kelvin.

>.

ActiveSync 3.5 and Outlook 2002 (Office XP's)

Post by Kelvin Yon » Sat, 19 Jan 2002 21:39:26

So... what's the standing solution for this??? I mean, there got to be a way
to get ActiveSync to sync with Outlook 2002!!!!!

:'(

Quote:> I'm having the same problem with an iPAQ 3850 connected
> to a Dell running Windows XP and Office XP. I get two
> separate error messages if I try to sync and Outlook 2002
> is not running. The second error message "Synchronization
> cannot start because you cannot log onto the network..."
> appears several times in Microsoft's Knowledge Base but
> it is typically associated with earlier versions of
> Outlook (typically 2000) and ActiveSync (prior to 3.5).
> The tech support folks at Compaq were of no help.

> MS Knowledge Base article Q276563 is an exact match to my
> problem except the fix is for Outlook 2000 and ActiveSync
> 3.0 and 3.1.

1. Help: iPAQ PPC 2002; ActiveSync 3.5; Windows XP; Office XP

When I attempt to use the Windows CE Inbox Transfer from Outlook, I get the
message that says, in part:

"Unable to connect to mobile device.  This version of Windows CE Inbox
Transfer will not function correctly with this device"

However ActiveSync works fine, even the sync of mail in my inbox.  I just
cannot manage the other mail folders with out the manual utility.

Any ideas?

2. IBM Dallas area

3. Office XP [Outlook 2002] & ActiveSync 3.1

4. openstep 4.2 in athalon thunderbird 850MHz (ASUS K7V133 mobo)?

5. ActiveSync 3.5, Office XP, and Molasses...

6. Antwort: help booting mysql

7. Outlook 2002 items won't sync with ActiveSync 3.5

8. Can I extract CDEC$ IDENT and TITLE from EXE file

9. Activesync 3.5 losing connection when 'restart' on XP?

10. outlook xp and active sync 3.5 and ppc 2002

11. Can't get activesync 3.5 to sync via infrared with IBM Thinkpad running Windows XP

12. Activesync 3.5 problems with Outlook XP?

13. Help with Activesync 3.5 and Outlook XP