More @migo info... Quick program needed.

Post by Brian Keene » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 10:36:18

I'm beginning to feel a little more lenient to the device lately...  It
honestly seems as though some of the "bugs" are starting to dissappear.

First, I'll address the backlight problem...   I have observed the following
behavior:  With backlight adjusted to full brightness, toggling the
backlight settings will cause the backlight to immediately turn off, as well
as causing the battery meter to drop to <50%.  Turning OFF the backlight
(either on purpose or when it turns itself off) causes the battery meter to
return to normal.

With the backlight on lowest setting, toggling the backlight causes much
less of a decrease in the battery meter, and NEVER resulted in an automatic
disabling of the backlight.  Currently, I'm into about 35-40 minutes of

budged a whisker since (after about 15 minutes.)  The unit has also sat for
nearly 20 minutes with backlight on, without turning itself off once.  I
turned the backlight up to max, and received the "main battery is low"
message.  Turned the backlight back down, and have gone for another 10
minutes with no warning.

Verdict:  I believe the problem with the backlight is due to a faulty power
regulator of some sort, or an internal setting in the WinCE build that's
calibrated incorrectly:  IE, perhaps it's calibrated with NIMH in mind, or
what have you.

I'm almost convinced that the "multiple button" problem is that multiple
directions ARE being pressed, but ignored.  The reason:  If I press down
solely to the right only, it takes quite a bit of pressure to get the pad to
stop responding.  if I press slightly at an angle, to the upper right or
lower right, it takes MUCH less pressure to cause the D-pad to stop
responding...  Is there any programmer out there that can write a simple
GAPI application to register button presses?  What if pressing to the
upper-right is registered as a different button press than the application
is configured to see?  Conjecture, I know...  But promising.

The screen is still a dissappointment, though.

Also, for those that missed my other post, my clock is NOT off by three
seconds every minute.  It was dead on after being un-synced for over 35
hours.

Brian K

More @migo info... Quick program needed.

Post by Sherry Zor » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 12:41:22

reports from the others.  It seemed we had quite a few folks here who
pre-ordered one?
--
Cajun (Sherry Zorzi)

> I'm beginning to feel a little more lenient to the device lately...  It
> honestly seems as though some of the "bugs" are starting to dissappear.

> First, I'll address the backlight problem...   I have observed the
following
> behavior:  With backlight adjusted to full brightness, toggling the
> backlight settings will cause the backlight to immediately turn off, as
well
> as causing the battery meter to drop to <50%.  Turning OFF the backlight
> (either on purpose or when it turns itself off) causes the battery meter
> return to normal.

> With the backlight on lowest setting, toggling the backlight causes much
> less of a decrease in the battery meter, and NEVER resulted in an
automatic
> disabling of the backlight.  Currently, I'm into about 35-40 minutes of

> budged a whisker since (after about 15 minutes.)  The unit has also sat
for
> nearly 20 minutes with backlight on, without turning itself off once.  I
> turned the backlight up to max, and received the "main battery is low"
> message.  Turned the backlight back down, and have gone for another 10
> minutes with no warning.

> Verdict:  I believe the problem with the backlight is due to a faulty
power
> regulator of some sort, or an internal setting in the WinCE build that's
> calibrated incorrectly:  IE, perhaps it's calibrated with NIMH in mind, or
> what have you.

> I'm almost convinced that the "multiple button" problem is that multiple
> directions ARE being pressed, but ignored.  The reason:  If I press down
> solely to the right only, it takes quite a bit of pressure to get the pad
> stop responding.  if I press slightly at an angle, to the upper right or
> lower right, it takes MUCH less pressure to cause the D-pad to stop
> responding...  Is there any programmer out there that can write a simple
> GAPI application to register button presses?  What if pressing to the
> upper-right is registered as a different button press than the application
> is configured to see?  Conjecture, I know...  But promising.

> The screen is still a dissappointment, though.

> Also, for those that missed my other post, my clock is NOT off by three
> seconds every minute.  It was dead on after being un-synced for over 35
> hours.

> Brian K

More @migo info... Quick program needed.

Post by Brian Keene » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 22:39:54

I don't know.  The message board at brighthand (www.brighthand.com) is
fairly busy, but I haven't seen ANYONE in here talking about them...  I
think only a limited number went out, but still...

You can't expect much more from a company when they're having problems.

has done nothing but bend over backwards for me thus far.

Brian K

> reports from the others.  It seemed we had quite a few folks here who
> pre-ordered one?
> --
> Cajun (Sherry Zorzi)

> > I'm beginning to feel a little more lenient to the device lately...  It
> > honestly seems as though some of the "bugs" are starting to dissappear.

> > First, I'll address the backlight problem...   I have observed the
> following
> > behavior:  With backlight adjusted to full brightness, toggling the
> > backlight settings will cause the backlight to immediately turn off, as
> well
> > as causing the battery meter to drop to <50%.  Turning OFF the backlight
> > (either on purpose or when it turns itself off) causes the battery meter
> > return to normal.

> > With the backlight on lowest setting, toggling the backlight causes much
> > less of a decrease in the battery meter, and NEVER resulted in an
> automatic
> > disabling of the backlight.  Currently, I'm into about 35-40 minutes of

hasn't
> > budged a whisker since (after about 15 minutes.)  The unit has also sat
> for
> > nearly 20 minutes with backlight on, without turning itself off once.  I
> > turned the backlight up to max, and received the "main battery is low"
> > message.  Turned the backlight back down, and have gone for another 10
> > minutes with no warning.

> > Verdict:  I believe the problem with the backlight is due to a faulty
> power
> > regulator of some sort, or an internal setting in the WinCE build that's
> > calibrated incorrectly:  IE, perhaps it's calibrated with NIMH in mind,
or
> > what have you.

> > I'm almost convinced that the "multiple button" problem is that multiple
> > directions ARE being pressed, but ignored.  The reason:  If I press down
> > solely to the right only, it takes quite a bit of pressure to get the
pad
> > stop responding.  if I press slightly at an angle, to the upper right or
> > lower right, it takes MUCH less pressure to cause the D-pad to stop
> > responding...  Is there any programmer out there that can write a simple
> > GAPI application to register button presses?  What if pressing to the
> > upper-right is registered as a different button press than the
application
> > is configured to see?  Conjecture, I know...  But promising.

> > The screen is still a dissappointment, though.

> > Also, for those that missed my other post, my clock is NOT off by three
> > seconds every minute.  It was dead on after being un-synced for over 35
> > hours.

> > Brian K

More @migo info... Quick program needed.

Post by Sherry Zor » Sat, 17 Feb 2001 23:44:54

Thanks, Brian.  I just had a look at the brighthand board.  I must say that
we might be *fortunate* you are the only one posting here.  Most of the
other posters seem pretty extreme on one side or the other.  I do appreciate
your taking the time.
--
Cajun (Sherry Zorzi)

> I don't know.  The message board at brighthand (www.brighthand.com) is
> fairly busy, but I haven't seen ANYONE in here talking about them...  I
> think only a limited number went out, but still...

Marc
> at URTHERE has promised that these problems are fixed in the next batch of

> "backup battery" have been added as well.  They are going to send me a new

> You can't expect much more from a company when they're having problems.

service
> [...]

down
> > > solely to the right only, it takes quite a bit of pressure to get the
> pad
> > > stop responding.  if I press slightly at an angle, to the upper right
or
> > > lower right, it takes MUCH less pressure to cause the D-pad to stop
> > > responding...  Is there any programmer out there that can write a
simple
> > > GAPI application to register button presses?  What if pressing to the
> > > upper-right is registered as a different button press than the
> application
> > > is configured to see?  Conjecture, I know...  But promising.

> > > The screen is still a dissappointment, though.

> > > Also, for those that missed my other post, my clock is NOT off by
three
> > > seconds every minute.  It was dead on after being un-synced for over

1. Need a Pocket PC Software Developer to write me a program read on for more info

I have a Polaroid Fun 320 digital camera.  Not the greatest resolution but
several advantages for my needs

One it is small and light once I strip it.

Second it takes continous pictures as long as I hold the shutter button down
and does no pretty darned quickly !!

Here is what I want

THis camera uses a Serial connection to download and erase the pictures.

I want a pocket PC program that will interface with this camera.

It will only need 3 buttons

One to download.  When I click this I want it to present me with a dialog to
Select a folder (with provision to make a new folder) When I hit OK it will
simply download the images from the camera to this folder as JPG's

that is it for button one

Button 2 is even easier Simply delete the camera memory I hit Delete and it
says are you sure and if I say yes it wipes the camera (this unit you can
not delete FROM the camera)

the third button is simply an Exit button to close the program

this is allll I want

I will send you a brand new unopened camera software cable unit (costs $50)

I hope we can make the deal of you make me the program and let me share it
with others (We stick these camera's in ROCKETS and use it to get inflight
photo's from the rocket to see what I mean check this out

www.nerys.com/descon8

In return you can keep the camera kit.

Anyone interested.  It seems pretty easy.  I will send a SECOND disk with
the set this disk containt the very very small program used on the PC to
download the images EVEN though the original CD will install some 50 megs of
stuff only 400k is actually needed to download the images.  You will need to
use the CD to install the CAMERA driver. but no need to install the extra
JUNK they include.

Although it seems in theory easy to me I HAVE ABSOLUTELY no programming
knowledge.

I have many website if you are a new programmer I have no problem
advertising you with links on my sites etc.. if it will help you out.

The program just needs to do those 2 things.  Download the jpg (they MAY be
bmp's !! saving as this is fine as well !!) and delete the camera memory !!
I will use RESCO picture viewer to look at them !!

Let me know !!

Chris
http://www.nerys.com/

2. Gaussian white noise

3. Info on @migo and Audiovox

4. 4-8 Megs RAM for A420/1 ?

5. @migo 2002 upgrade info

6. CFP: IEEE Real-Time Technology and Applications Symposium (RTAS 2001)

7. URThere @migo PDC-600 Pocket PC 2002 upgrade info

8. Prism-8 Info required..

9. Need Quick guide to use themes

10. deVBuzz.com tutorial - Need a quick eVB DatePicker control?

11. I need a quick answer!!

12. !!!!!! 3650 Upgrade to 2002 - Info needed !!!!!!

13. Help - We need to sync 2 Ipaqs with different info to 1 PC