CE 2.0 on XP

Post by Mahes » Wed, 23 Jan 2002 01:01:36

How can I get my Winodws CE 2.0 (Build 8037-8040) device
to talk to Windows XP Home edition? I was using Win98
earlier and never had a problem synchronizing.

Is there a way to upgrade it so that I can sync with my
new XP computer?

My device has 8MB Memory with a MIPS R4000 processor.

Thanks,
Mahesh

CE 2.0 on XP

Post by MS_FBE0 » Wed, 23 Jan 2002 03:47:24

Because XP Pro and Home are optimized for newer devices, it may not support
it. You can try installing the software and running it in compatability
mode. But since Handheld PCs and PocketPCs are going down in price, you may
want to look into getting an iPAQ or a Jornada. I reccomend the iPAQ 3800.

Quote:> How can I get my Winodws CE 2.0 (Build 8037-8040) device
> to talk to Windows XP Home edition? I was using Win98
> earlier and never had a problem synchronizing.

> Is there a way to upgrade it so that I can sync with my
> new XP computer?

> My device has 8MB Memory with a MIPS R4000 processor.

> Thanks,
> Mahesh

1. Entertainment Pack 2.0 for WIndows CE 3.0 & Windows XP

My HP Jornada needed a new back-up battery, so I lost my
games (Entertainment Pack 2.0 for Windows CE) I installed
on my Windows 98 computer a few years ago.

I now use Windows XP, and when I place my Entertainment
Pack disc to reinstall on my Jornada using ActiveSync, I
can't get the setup wizard window.  I double click the
exe file and it won't engage the setup wizard, nor will
it engage thru RUN or automatically when I load disc.  Is
this a problem between the older Entertainment Pack and
XP?  Is there an XP update for this Entertainment Pack
for Windows CE 3.0?  I checked MS websites but couldn't
find any.

rifx

2. Palm V/Palm m505 will no longer hotsync

3. SQL Server CE 2.0, EVC++4, and CE.NET

4. dmv - interconnectedness problem example

5. problems: SQL ce 2.0 with Windows .net server 2003

6. P-I-M

7. Windows CE 2.0 Problems

8. ActiveSync 3.5 with CE 2.0?

9. Upgrading CE 2.0

10. from windows ce 2.0 to pocket pc 2002???

11. Are they ever going to make a version of Reader 2.0 available for Windows CE 3.0

12. Any thoughts on Virtual CE Pro 2.0?