Which driver module in platform builder for wince support wlan pcmcia card?

Which driver module in platform builder for wince support wlan pcmcia card?

Post by anju » Thu, 06 Dec 2001 14:16:37

Hi,
  I am facing a problem in writting the device driver for
my pocket pc(windows ce 3.0). Basically I have taken up
this project for my final year assignment.
   My card is a ORINOCO(wireless LAN card). I am trying to
write the driver for wince3.0 operating system. I am using
platform builder for wince as the tool to write driver.
I am confused with the driver module which supports wlan
card. It says that u can use ndis driver module for lan
cards(i assume it for WLAN also) which in turn acts as
stream interface driver. But i feel alone stream interface
driver module will do the purpose.
            Can anybody kindly tell me which driver module
should i go for? It is quit urgent.

Thanks in advance,
anju

Which driver module in platform builder for wince support wlan pcmcia card?

Post by Steve Maillet - Windows Embedded MV » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 01:30:27

Stream interface drivers are not used for Networking. You will need to write an NDIS driver. However, Keep in mind that
the NDIS library and networking stack on the PocketPC devices were at PBV2.12 level. The recent PocketPC 2002 devices
are up to 6the PB V3.0 stack and NDIS library. So you will want to use a PocketPC 2002 device if you are using Platform
Builder V3.0 to build your driver.

--
Steve Maillet - [Microsoft Windows Embedded MVP]
Entelechy Software Consulting

> Hi,
>   I am facing a problem in writting the device driver for
> my pocket pc(windows ce 3.0). Basically I have taken up
> this project for my final year assignment.
>    My card is a ORINOCO(wireless LAN card). I am trying to
> write the driver for wince3.0 operating system. I am using
> platform builder for wince as the tool to write driver.
> I am confused with the driver module which supports wlan
> card. It says that u can use ndis driver module for lan
> cards(i assume it for WLAN also) which in turn acts as
> stream interface driver. But i feel alone stream interface
> driver module will do the purpose.
>             Can anybody kindly tell me which driver module
> should i go for? It is quit urgent.

> Thanks in advance,
> anju

1. Which driver module in platform Builder support WLAN pcmcia driver?

Hi,
  I am facing a problem in writting the device driver for
my pocket pc(windows ce 3.0). Basically I have taken up
this project for my final year assignment.
   My card is a ORINOCO(wireless LAN card). I am trying to
write the driver for wince3.0 operating system. I am using
platform builder for wince as the tool to write driver.
I am confused with the driver module which supports wlan
card. It says that u can use ndis driver module for lan
cards(i assume it for WLAN also) which in turn acts as
stream interface driver. But i feel alone stream interface
driver module will do the purpose.
            Can anybody kindly tell me which driver module
should i go for? It is quit urgent.

Thanks in advance,
anju

2. smb.conf location for samba 2.0.5

3. testing pcmcia driver in platform builder

4. word scrambling

5. WinCE.NET - Platform builder Question

6. test post do not read

7. Do I need to buy Platform Builder for developing device driver?

8. Digital Library Design for *Organizational* Usability -- Long

9. Platform Builder support for ARM Processor

10. iPAQ 3970 platform to use with Platform Builder

11. Compaq non-BT 1.20 upgrade vs. Socket WLAN CF card driver installation

12. ActiveSync(IR transfer) problem on WinCE3.0 platform builder.