Key press interval discriminating long key.

Key press interval discriminating long key.

Post by JY Ki » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 14:30:20

I wanna know how long time key press is distinguished as long key
I need to lengthen the time for some reason.
Is there any way to prevent user to change this interval?
Is it controlled by delay time in button applet?
Please answer..
Thanks.

Follow-up is limited to microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer.

--
Remove '.n0zpam' to send e-mail to me.

Key press interval discriminating long key.

Post by Andrew Pearson [MS » Tue, 15 Oct 2002 12:33:07

If you are writing an application, you can measure the time between the
WM_KEYDOWN and the WM_KEYUP messages to determine if the key was held down.
This is a bit risky since there is always the possibility that your app will
lose focus during this interval and not get one of the messages.

I am not sure about the Pocket PC, but in regular Windows CE the only way to
do something special in response to a key being held down is to modify the
keyboard driver.

Hope this helps,

Andrew Pearson

--
To reply directly, remove "online." from my email address.

Quote:> I wanna know how long time key press is distinguished as long key
> I need to lengthen the time for some reason.
> Is there any way to prevent user to change this interval?
> Is it controlled by delay time in button applet?
> Please answer..
> Thanks.

> Follow-up is limited to microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer.

> --
> Remove '.n0zpam' to send e-mail to me.

1. 10-digit key required by embedded visual tools but no such key provided!

hi,

I was installing embedded visual tools on windows xp on 1 computer and
everything works fine,
but on another computer (also windows xp) it requests 10 digit key despite
the fact that such key is not provided (longer is).

PLEASE HELP!

--
Jacek Rutkowski, jpzr.
http://msmobiles.com - latest news about Microsoft powered

2. Edirol MIDI Catalog, Sound Canvas giveaway

3. Key repeat and VK_F21 after directional key code.

4. Game programming for CONSOLEs

5. key press doesn't work

6. DHCP Event 1003 not able to renew lease: semaphore timeout

7. Hardware Key Presses - please help

8. networkconfiguration

9. Help: Using evB how do you simulate a key press

10. iPAQ simultaneous key pressing (some ideas for a solution)

11. Handling "key pressed" events after assigning a HW-button to a program

12. Getting key pressed for Symbol PDT8100