o2 XDA recent info on forthcoming update etc.

o2 XDA recent info on forthcoming update etc.

Post by Jann » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 08:42:29

Apologies if posted before, but seems an informative page:

http://www.o2.co.uk/business/productsservices/xda/bullettin130203/0,,....
html

p.s. unrelated - the Fonix VoiceDial thing is brilliant - if you haven't
tried it, well worth a visit.

o2 XDA recent info on forthcoming update etc.

Post by Mauricio Freita » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 10:29:19

I've found this today and posted on Geekzone:

I'm not sure if this is also for the O2, though...

--
Mauricio Freitas
Wireless and handheld http://www.geekzone.co.nz

Quote:> Apologies if posted before, but seems an informative page:

http://www.o2.co.uk/business/productsservices/xda/bullettin130203/0,,....
Quote:> html

> p.s. unrelated - the Fonix VoiceDial thing is brilliant - if you haven't
> tried it, well worth a visit.

o2 XDA recent info on forthcoming update etc.

Post by Greg Mars » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:57:56

OUCH whats that warning about not connecting via a usb hub ?...

My last O2 IRE upgrade I did via the USB hub and I had no problems.

Anyone else experienced any issues ?

Greg

> I've found this today and posted on Geekzone:
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=561

> I'm not sure if this is also for the O2, though...

> --
> Mauricio Freitas
> Wireless and handheld http://www.geekzone.co.nz

> > Apologies if posted before, but seems an informative page:

http://www.o2.co.uk/business/productsservices/xda/bullettin130203/0,,....

Quote:> > html

> > p.s. unrelated - the Fonix VoiceDial thing is brilliant - if you haven't
> > tried it, well worth a visit.

o2 XDA recent info on forthcoming update etc.

Post by Mauricio Freita » Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:00:23

It really depends on the hub and the USB host in your computer... Some are
really dodgy and don't work that well...

> OUCH whats that warning about not connecting via a usb hub ?...

> My last O2 IRE upgrade I did via the USB hub and I had no problems.

> Anyone else experienced any issues ?

> Greg

> > I've found this today and posted on Geekzone:
> > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=561

> > I'm not sure if this is also for the O2, though...

> > --
> > Mauricio Freitas
> > Wireless and handheld http://www.geekzone.co.nz

> > > Apologies if posted before, but seems an informative page:

http://www.o2.co.uk/business/productsservices/xda/bullettin130203/0,,....

Quote:> > > html

> > > p.s. unrelated - the Fonix VoiceDial thing is brilliant - if you
haven't
> > > tried it, well worth a visit.

1. o2 UK XDA units have even newer ROM etc., than the web update?

Noticed this in XDA Dev site:

"I have just taken delivery today of 6 (UK) XDA's for one of my clients.
They have rom version 3.16.32 ENG dated 13 Feb 2003 and radio version
4.20.00

This seems to be later than the recently released upgrades :3.14.13 ENG and
4.16"

Are we likely to see another o2 UK update soon?

2. large ethernet packets

3. HTC mfg'ed XDA from O2 or forthcoming from Voicestream?

4. RZ23

5. Australian O2 XDA update

6. Change Log or Record

7. XDA (o2) & Blackberry GPRS SIM (o2)

8. DHCP relay on Layer 2 switches

9. o2 UK XDA - odd connection attempts after ROM update / 3.7 ActiveSync

10. Look like O2 XDA firmware update coming soon

11. Australian O2 XDA ROM Update

12. Does Irish o2 XDA update work for UK XDAs?

13. o2 UK XDA update