Is it possible to Ghost or image a PDA w/ Pocket PC?

Is it possible to Ghost or image a PDA w/ Pocket PC?

Post by Ryan C » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 05:28:13

My company will be buying several hundred PDA's by the end of the year and
we want to image them with the same software and settings.  Is this
possible?  What will I need to do in order to achieve this?

Thank you.

Is it possible to Ghost or image a PDA w/ Pocket PC?

Post by Todd Ogasawar » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 06:07:14

See if Sprite Clone can do what you want to do.
http://www.spritesoftware.com/clone.html
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/  -- PDA & Wireless Info

Quote:> My company will be buying several hundred PDA's by the end of the year and
> we want to image them with the same software and settings.  Is this
> possible?  What will I need to do in order to achieve this?

> Thank you.

Is it possible to Ghost or image a PDA w/ Pocket PC?

Post by Anthony Caruan » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 19:41:34

If you are buying the same make/model I believe that a backup from one can
be restored to the others. The only thing I would recommend is that you
chnage the device name of each of the "cloned" units.

This means that you won't need to buy 3rd party software but will be a bit
time consuming. I guess if you have multiple coopies of the original backup
you can restore several devices at once.

Hope this helps

Quote:> My company will be buying several hundred PDA's by the end of the year and
> we want to image them with the same software and settings.  Is this
> possible?  What will I need to do in order to achieve this?

> Thank you.

Is it possible to Ghost or image a PDA w/ Pocket PC?

Post by Ken Matter » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 22:50:11

Ryan

I cloned 10 PPCs by simply doing a complete backup of the primary PPC to
compact flash and then restoring it to the other PPCs. Then I simply
changed the owner name on each one to be individual and I was finished.
The whole operation took me less than an hour.

FWIW the PPCs were Jornada 568s.

Ken

--
Ken Mattern
Senior Computer Scientist

Is it possible to Ghost or image a PDA w/ Pocket PC?

Post by Cowbo » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 10:33:38

I suggest you contact the manufacturer of the PDA you plan to buy- They
should be able to offer you a model that has been customized to meet the
need of your company.

--
Yours sincerely,
Cowboy

Quote:> My company will be buying several hundred PDA's by the end of the year and
> we want to image them with the same software and settings.  Is this
> possible?  What will I need to do in order to achieve this?

> Thank you.

1. newbie Q: 'imaging' (like Ghost) a PDA ??

hey,

I was wondering if anybody came accross the problem where you need to
install more than 1 PDA (similar!) with exactly the same settings, programs
and so on.

heh... my boss gave me one of these toys and told me that it should be ready
before March 12th...... damn! :-) But ... this is only my first PDA ever and
am not so well aware of what type of programs are around...

Any help would be much appreciated!

Greetz,

Consol

2. Hp200LX to Win95 xfer via infrared?

3. HP Jornada + Mac - it′s possible?

4. Video Capture Card recommendations?

5. Push Windows CE Image similar to Ghost w/ PC

6. IPP

7. Total backup like Ghost or Image

8. How to submit bug reports to Adobe?

10. Sync PDA to PC ok, PC to PDA NO??

11. I am an american learning chinese and am looking for the best platform and

12. FM/AM radio for Pocket PC?

13. I am looking for someone/company who can develop Pocket PC application