ActiveSync 3.5, Jornada 568, IBM ThinkPad 600X and IR sync

ActiveSync 3.5, Jornada 568, IBM ThinkPad 600X and IR sync

Post by Brian Colfe » Sun, 04 Nov 2001 08:41:00

1) I can communicate my 568 with the ThinkPad ... transfering files is easy
and convient but I cannot establish a IR based ActiveSync Connection.  I
tried to follow the instructions but it just won't find my system...

2) This is my secondary computer ... my main computer at home sync's mostly
just fine.

ActiveSync 3.5, Jornada 568, IBM ThinkPad 600X and IR sync

Post by Steven Perry, MS-MVP/Mobile Device » Mon, 05 Nov 2001 10:51:34

Did you establish the partnership via USB or Serial first?

--
Steven Perry
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

Quote:> 1) I can communicate my 568 with the ThinkPad ... transfering files is
easy
> and convient but I cannot establish a IR based ActiveSync Connection.  I
> tried to follow the instructions but it just won't find my system...

> 2) This is my secondary computer ... my main computer at home sync's
mostly
> just fine.

ActiveSync 3.5, Jornada 568, IBM ThinkPad 600X and IR sync

Post by DP » Mon, 05 Nov 2001 16:11:33

You may try going into your device manager, and
redetecting your USB port.  I have found that my laptop
tends to lose track of my USB devices.

Quote:>easy
>> and convient but I cannot establish a IR based

ActiveSync Connection.  I
Quote:>> tried to follow the instructions but it just won't
find my system...

>> 2) This is my secondary computer ... my main computer
at home sync's
>mostly
>> just fine.

>.

1. Can't get activesync 3.5 to sync via infrared with IBM Thinkpad running Windows XP

I have an iPAQ 3835 Pocket PC 2002.  I am trying to get it to sync
with my Thinkpad T-23 running Windows XP Professional.  The XP system
"sees" the IR iPAQ, and I can transfer files back and forth, but
activesync 3.5 won't work.

I followed the instructions for IR activesync in the manual and the
help file, choosing "Allow serial cable or infrared connection to this
COM port:  Infrared Port (IR)".  I note that under that option it says
any case, I go to Activesync on the Pocket PC and select "Connect via
IR" and I see the message "Status:  Connecting to Host" and then, in
about 3 seconds I get the noise that it usually makes when it's done
syncing, but no syncing has occurred.

Remember, I CAN transfer files, so the IR connection IS working.  Just
not activesync.  I have also successfully connected this Thinkpad with
my cellular phone for syncing phone numbers using XTNDConnect PC.  It
was a bumpy ride, but I made that work, too!  Just not Activesync
3.5!!

I know you'll feel very sorry for me when I tell you that I'm trying
to get this to work so I don't have to take my cradle with me when we
go to Hawaii for vacation after Christmas.....

I'm stuck, and hope someone has done this already and can tell me
how!!

Thanks,
Don

2. Maximum size of packets?

3. iPAQ IrDA sync to Thinkpad 600X NT 4.0

4. Acorn ftp and mail-server archives (fortnightly posting)

5. IBM Thinkpad & Activesync

6. disable forward or back button navigator???

7. Activesync 3.5/HP 568 won't create and synce "files"

8. buggy bdf?

9. HP 568 and ActiveSync 3.5 NOT ending

10. HP Jornada 568 with IBM microdrive

11. Synching iPaq using IR on a ThinkPad A20

12. Ir Sync on Thinkpad

13. Jornada 720 - Activesync 3.5 - Notes Sync