1. Can't get activesync 3.5 to sync via infrared with IBM Thinkpad running Windows XP
I have an iPAQ 3835 Pocket PC 2002. I am trying to get it to sync
with my Thinkpad T-23 running Windows XP Professional. The XP system
"sees" the IR iPAQ, and I can transfer files back and forth, but
activesync 3.5 won't work.
I followed the instructions for IR activesync in the manual and the
help file, choosing "Allow serial cable or infrared connection to this
COM port: Infrared Port (IR)". I note that under that option it says
"Status: COM port is not available". Not sure what that means. In
any case, I go to Activesync on the Pocket PC and select "Connect via
IR" and I see the message "Status: Connecting to Host" and then, in
about 3 seconds I get the noise that it usually makes when it's done
syncing, but no syncing has occurred.
Remember, I CAN transfer files, so the IR connection IS working. Just
not activesync. I have also successfully connected this Thinkpad with
my cellular phone for syncing phone numbers using XTNDConnect PC. It
was a bumpy ride, but I made that work, too! Just not Activesync
I know you'll feel very sorry for me when I tell you that I'm trying
to get this to work so I don't have to take my cradle with me when we
go to Hawaii for vacation after Christmas.....
I'm stuck, and hope someone has done this already and can tell me
2. Maximum size of packets?
3. iPAQ IrDA sync to Thinkpad 600X NT 4.0
4. Acorn ftp and mail-server archives (fortnightly posting)
5. IBM Thinkpad & Activesync
6. disable forward or back button navigator???
7. Activesync 3.5/HP 568 won't create and synce "files"
8. buggy bdf?
9. HP 568 and ActiveSync 3.5 NOT ending
10. HP Jornada 568 with IBM microdrive
11. Synching iPaq using IR on a ThinkPad A20
12. Ir Sync on Thinkpad
13. Jornada 720 - Activesync 3.5 - Notes Sync