iPaq - Windows Media Player 7 and MP3

Post by Dman » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 18:36:48

How come when I fast forward a track manually using the status line, the MP3
appears to continue to play, but I get no sound?

iPaq - Windows Media Player 7 and MP3

Post by Woute » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 18:53:01

I guess the processor is to slow to do this.

--

Greetings,
Wouter Neyndorff

Quote:> How come when I fast forward a track manually using the status line, the
MP3
> appears to continue to play, but I get no sound?

1. Windows Media Encoder / Windows Media Player

Hi all,

I have a bit of a problem with one/both of the above programs... I'm trying
to convert some of my MP3 files from my desktop PC using Win Media Encoder
(WME) to .wma format to reduce the file size so I can fit more on my Pocket
PC. Within WME I'm using the convert file wizard, set to Pocket PC and
therefore about 70kps? The conversion seems to work and the file size is
about a third of what it was. The new file plays ok on the dektop PC. I
transfer the file using explore in AS. When I click on the file in the
PocketPC, Win Media Player comes up with the following error:

Windows Media Player cannot find the file.
You may not be connected to the network,
the file may have been moved, or you may have
entered an incorrect file name or path.

If I copy the original mp3 across in the same manner to the same directory
that plays fine.

Also, not as important as the above, but I did the same and converted a
short .avi clip. This plays on the PocketPC, but without sound. The sound
works ok when played on the desktop PC.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Paul W

2. Bell Atlantic DSL and NATS

3. Windows Media Goes Wireless With New Windows Media Player for Pocket PC

4. etl tester with data stage exp

5. Windows Media Rights Manager SDK 7 (DRM) and Windows Media Player for Pocket PC

6. Fix for 'USB Device is unrecognised'

7. Windows Media Player & MP3 Playlists

8. Brooks digest, volume 2450598

9. windows media player no function by mp3 file

10. Windows Media Player STREAMING mp3 on PPC?

11. Windows Media Player - supported mp3 bitrates?

12. MP3 - Windows Media Player - File Size?

13. opening mp3 or windows media player file.. HELP