Outlook

Post by Frit » Mon, 06 Jan 2003 00:13:30

I just purchased a Compaq iPAQ.  The CD wants to load
Office XP which contains Outlook 2002.  My computer is a
little out of date so I'm running WIN 98 and Outlook 97.
So far I can't make it work right with this combination.
Is there anyway to update my old to go with the new
version or do I have to do something drastic like update
my operating system?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Outlook

Post by Sooner A » Mon, 06 Jan 2003 00:42:48

Outlook 2002 is fully compatible with Windows 98. Simply install Outlook 2002 as directed. No need to upgrade the OS,
although XP Pro is really good, fast and stable...

         Al

> I just purchased a Compaq iPAQ.  The CD wants to load
> Office XP which contains Outlook 2002.  My computer is a
> little out of date so I'm running WIN 98 and Outlook 97.
> So far I can't make it work right with this combination.
> Is there anyway to update my old to go with the new
> version or do I have to do something drastic like update
> my operating system?  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated!

---

1. outlook 2002 ActiveSync 3.7 causing outlook to hang

I am running Outlook 2002 with all patches.  I just installed ActiveSync.
3.7 and attempted to sync with my dell axiom.

The sync process worked fine, but Microsoft Outlook now hangs everytime I
attempt to reopen it.  I get the detect and repair option or the safe mode
request option.

I have reinstalled outlook completely and also attempted to access outlook
from another desk (we are in a server based profile environment) and Outlook
hangs on every other machine.

I created a new Outlook data file and then moved my mail and contacts over
to a new file and Outlook now works fine when i direct all messages to my
newly created outlook file.

Outlook continues to work until i attempt to sync again and then my Outlook
file becomes corrupt again. so I have to recreate my outlook file and I am
now unable to find a work around to this synchronization issue.

Any suggestions why this might be happening?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kevin

2. Run Hardware Detection after Setup

3. PPC 2002, Outlook 2002 and Outlook 2000

4. WE have Lotus Notes Jobs...where can I place postings?

5. Exporting Pocket-Outlook Contacts without Outlook on PC???

6. C-Kermit 6.0 on Ultrix 4.4

7. pocket outlook doesn't synch with outlook

8. UniDos Coprocessor

9. Can PPC Outlook show user defined fields from Outlook 2000?

10. Outlook 2000 vs XP's Outlook

11. Sync Outlook 2002 & Outlook Express

12. Working time in pocket Outlook not matching with Outlook 2002

13. Outlook vs Outlook Express