CE grid control and Row-Selection property AND grid speed

CE grid control and Row-Selection property AND grid speed

Post by Thomas War » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 03:23:51

        I have the selection style of a grid set to select an entire row. This
works fine for me except for one thing: Each time I select a row, the
previously selected row(s) will STAY selected. I just want a single row
highlighted and selected each time I click on one. Is there a property
to turn off "Multi-Select" and still have row-based selection? If not,
what's a (the?) proper method of clearing the highlighted rows?

- Tom

Post by Thomas War » Thu, 20 Feb 2003 22:58:58

>     I have the selection style of a grid set to select an entire row.
> This works fine for me except for one thing: Each time I select a row,
> the previously selected row(s) will STAY selected. I just want a single
> row highlighted and selected each time I click on one. Is there a
> property to turn off "Multi-Select" and still have row-based selection?
> If not, what's a (the?) proper method of clearing the highlighted rows?

> - Tom

        Ok never mind, I came up with my own solution. I turned off the row
selection and used the following code on a Click event in the grid:

     grdStuList.Col = 0
     grdStuList.ColSel = 2      ' 2 being the last column in the grid
     grdStuList.RowSel = grdStuList.Row

        So this allowed me to show a user which item they have selected, but
prevent them from selecting multiple rows.

1. PLS HELP: refresh grid control selections after sort

I sort my grid control based on the values in one column and that works. But
after it sorts the rows, the whole grid control is selected. How can I sort
and then refresh the grid control so that nothing is selected?
Refreshing the grid control and refreshing the form won't do it.
Please help.

- Brian

2. HELP!!! unable to load StdCLibInit

3. Sizing listview grid's row height (API)

4. local group policy - how to apply to only certain people or groups

5. Selecting only a single row in eVB Grid

6. optical media on DEC OSs

7. PPC Grid Fixed Col/Fixed Row

8. detecting aol dial-up connection

9. GRID: Force Selection

10. can't load controls for ppc 2002 emulator eg grid control

11. list control full row selection...

12. Editable grid control

13. questions about Grid control