ANN: PHM Registry Editor 0.65

Post by Philippe Majerus, MS-MVP Mobile Device » Tue, 18 Jun 2002 04:05:40

PHM Registry Editor 0.65 is finally available !

PHM Registry Editor is a freeware registry editor for Pocket PC, Handheld PC
and Palm-size PC.

This is an important update as it should be nearly complete now, it might be
the last update before including .reg file import, finally leading to the
1.0 release !

New features includes :
- Search now completely case insensitive, regardless of the "match whole
string only" option.
- Fixed a Find Next bug which caused the same item to be found over and over
on some devices.
- New clipboard format, documented for other applications.
- Fixed keyboard accelerators (mainly for the Handheld PC Edition).
- Better UI (like the flat status bar).
- More portable, Palm-size PC Edition is now available.

Release notes:
- Still no .reg import function, that's planned, but I did not have the time
to code that yet...
- Search is performed based on the real registry order (not alphabetical
order).

Pocket PC Edition :
http://www.phm.lu/products/PocketPC/regedit.asp
Handheld PC Edition :
http://www.phm.lu/products/HandheldPC/regedit.asp
Palm-size PC Edition :
http://www.phm.lu/products/PalmsizePC/
(installation can be done through the desktop using the zip archive, or
directly on the device using cab files)

The new clipboard format allows other applications to exchange values with
PHM Registry Editor, if other developers uses it you might see other
registry related applications that support direct cut/copy/paste of values
with PHM Registry Editor (contact me for more information and sample code if
you are interested in supporting this in your application).

As usual, comments are welcome, and seeing some applications using the new
clipboard function would be really great :-)

--
Philippe Majerus
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices (http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp)

ANN: PHM Registry Editor 0.65

Post by Davi » Tue, 18 Jun 2002 05:27:01

Thanks!

David

Quote:> PHM Registry Editor 0.65 is finally available !

> PHM Registry Editor is a freeware registry editor for Pocket PC, Handheld
PC
> and Palm-size PC.

> This is an important update as it should be nearly complete now, it might
be
> the last update before including .reg file import, finally leading to the
> 1.0 release !

> New features includes :
> - Search now completely case insensitive, regardless of the "match whole
> string only" option.
> - Fixed a Find Next bug which caused the same item to be found over and
over
> on some devices.
> - New clipboard format, documented for other applications.
> - Fixed keyboard accelerators (mainly for the Handheld PC Edition).
> - Better UI (like the flat status bar).
> - More portable, Palm-size PC Edition is now available.

> Release notes:
> - Still no .reg import function, that's planned, but I did not have the
time
> to code that yet...
> - Search is performed based on the real registry order (not alphabetical
> order).

> Pocket PC Edition :
> http://www.phm.lu/products/PocketPC/regedit.asp
> Handheld PC Edition :
> http://www.phm.lu/products/HandheldPC/regedit.asp
> Palm-size PC Edition :
> http://www.phm.lu/products/PalmsizePC/
> (installation can be done through the desktop using the zip archive, or
> directly on the device using cab files)

> The new clipboard format allows other applications to exchange values with
> PHM Registry Editor, if other developers uses it you might see other
> registry related applications that support direct cut/copy/paste of values
> with PHM Registry Editor (contact me for more information and sample code
if
> you are interested in supporting this in your application).

> As usual, comments are welcome, and seeing some applications using the new
> clipboard function would be really great :-)

> --
> Philippe Majerus
> Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices (http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp)
> Pocket PC software and stuff - http://www.phm.lu/products
> Computer Documentation - http://www.phm.lu/documentation

1. ANN: PHM Registry Editor 0.65, single install for all supported devices

(files posted to the microsoft.public.pocketpc.binaries group)

Just for anyone interested, it is a single install for all devices supported
by PHM Registry Editor 0.65, it contains the Handheld PC, Palm-size PC and
Pocket PC editions and a single setup.exe that install the one corresponding
to the connected device.

It is the best copy to use for a CD or floppy if you want to have it around,
as it is 894KB (extracted, 323KB archived) and easy to install in a single
step.

It is not available on my web site at this time, as I have to update the
download pages to support this, but it's more complete than the usual
"ActiveSync Installer (.Zip for all devices)" as the web download always
include a single edition (Handheld PC, Palm-size PC or Pocket PC), while
this archive contains ALL editions as a single setup.
You can get it in the microsoft.public.pocketpc.binaries newsgroup

Also, installing this to a Pocket PC 2002 will install the new 256 colors
icons instead of the classic ones.

Hope you like it :-)

--
Philippe Majerus
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices (http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp)
Pocket PC software and stuff - http://www.phm.lu/products
Computer Documentation - http://www.phm.lu/documentation
BizzDev, mobile solutions (french) - http://www.bizzdev.com

2. Best way to make disk images

3. ANN: PHM Registry Editor 0.70 for Pocket PC, Smartphone, Handheld PC and Palm-size PC

4. capslock <-> ctrl

5. ANN: PHM Registry Editor 0.64 : Pocket PC

6. How to measure cpu load without attaching a sub task ?

7. ANN: PHM Registry Editor 0.63

8. FTP problems

9. ANN: PHM Registry Editor 0.6 !

10. ANN: PHM Registry Editor 0.5

11. ANN: PHM Registry Editor 0.3

12. ANN: PHM Registry Editor 0.2 is available !

13. ANN: PHM Registry Editor 0.6 !