help requested using IRDA to connect T-Mobile PPC-PE to GPRS phone

help requested using IRDA to connect T-Mobile PPC-PE to GPRS phone

Post by Richard A. Bilanci » Tue, 04 Feb 2003 00:43:08

I've done this before with an Ipaq. Others have too. Details can be found at
http://www.ppcw.net/index.php?area=story&story=01/10/19/5205351

However, on the XDA (at least my T-Mobile PPC-PE) I have not found a way to
eliminate the "+0" dialing string prefix. I suspect that this string is
somewhere in the registry. The prefix does not prevent the PPC-PE from
talking with the GPRS phone, it just seems to prevent the dialed connection
from taking place.

In the dialing settings, no country code is entered, no area code is
entered, phone number used is "*99#". Number that gets dialed is "+0 *99#".
I've tried several "Dialing location" changes, but no success.

BTW, since I know the question will arise, "Why are you doing this?" I have
only one SIM card and 2 phones (the PPC-PE and a t68i). Sometimes it's more
convenient to not have to swap the SIM card.

Thanks in advance,
___
Rich

1. no T-Mobile access despite full reception on PPC-PE

Have huge problem with T-Mobile access on PPC-PE. Have
full reception in my office, but can't receive or make
calls. Talked to customer service, and they say that this
would be normal, and I have to switch-on/off the phone
periodically during the day!!! This certainly works, but
of course its NOT normal, and its a pain. There is no way
of telling when they "lose" me, as the reception bar is
always on full.

Anybody have the same problem? Is this PPC-PE related, or
a general T-Mobile problem? Anybody heard of a solution?

Alex

2. Combining evidence from separate tests

3. PPC PE T-Mobile Reception

4. !!!!!!!!! Re: Req: MIDI file Josie (Steely Dan) NOT ZIPed --- JOSIE.MID (1/2) !!!!!!!!!

5. 128MB onboard T-mobile PPC PE

6. HELP Printing problem

7. T-Mobile PPC PE in Bay Area and Los Angeles

8. leeds seasons Fixtures 1999/2000

9. T-mobile ROM update --> works when not using T-mobile as carrier?

10. T-mobile PocketPC phone: multi GSM (1900MHz + 1800 + 900), GPRS enabled like european XDA

11. 5455 with S55 connecting T-Mobile GPRS in USA

12. How to connect a laptop to internet via T-Mobile MDA (GPRS)

13. GPRS settings for T-Mobile UK (One2One) and Ipaq GPRS jacket