Embedded Visual Tools for Pocket PC 3.0?

Embedded Visual Tools for Pocket PC 3.0?

Post by drova » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 01:16:16

I recently decided to try some simple programming for my Casio EM-500 (which
runs 3.0). I downloaded Embedded Visual Tools 3.0 (2002) only to find that
support for CE 3.0 has been removed and as far as I can tell isn't available
from MS any longer.

Can someone tell if this is true or if I just missed the proper SDK download
somewhere. I can certainly understand MS adding support for newer platforms
but I'm really surprised they removed support for those of us without
2002/2003 devices.

Embedded Visual Tools for Pocket PC 3.0?

Post by Neil Enns [MSFT » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 01:32:47

I think you just missed the SDK download :) Also make sure you grabbed eVC
3.0 and not 4.0 by accident.

You can get the SDK from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=2DBEE84A-BD9....
eVC can be downloaded from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=F663BF48-31E....

--
Neil Enns
Lead Program Manager

Quote:> I recently decided to try some simple programming for my Casio EM-500