populating fields in a dialog box

Post by DBrown57 » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:43:32

Im sure this is fairly simple to do but I am new to the whole windows
programming model, so please bear with me.

I have a dialog box, that I created as a resource.  I am creating the dialog
box in my application.  The application is not MFC so I created my own function
to handle the messges for this dialog box.  Inside my dialog box there are
three components ( a text area, ok button, cancel button).  I want the text
area to receive input from the SIP.  In my message function I am properly
handling the ok and cancel messages, now I need some content.  How do I get the
user input from the SIP to my text area?  The SIP apppears and I can key values
in, but nothing happens.  Can anyone feed up an explanation, cough up some
sample code, or point me in the right direction.  Im sure Im missing something
very easy, so I hated writing this thread - but i cant sit on this problem much
longer.

Thanks in advance,
Dustin

populating fields in a dialog box

Post by rz » Sat, 18 Aug 2001 01:29:11

I trap WM_CHAR, WM_SETTEXT, and EM_REPLACESEL (for edit boxes) messages.
Comments in my text say keyboard wedges (like the one for the InHand
scanner) use WM_CHAR, while handwriting recognizers use WM_SETTEXT. I know a
product I worked on (for desktop) use EM_REPLACESEL.

To reply to me, remove the underscores (_) from my email address.

Robert E. Zaret
PenFact, Inc.
46 Beach Street
Boston, MA 02111