What is the best way 2 programmatically display graphics files (ie JPEG, BMP) in Pocket PC?

What is the best way 2 programmatically display graphics files (ie JPEG, BMP) in Pocket PC?

Post by Ramon Pachec » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 11:05:29

Hi!

I'm new to Pocket PC multimedia, I'm trying to research the best way to
display (also zooming, etc) graphics file (ie JPEG, BMP) in a PDA (ie HP
Jornada) running Pocket PC. How can I do this programmatically? Is it better
to use GAPI, DirectX or just use the GDI APIs?

Can you give me some good websites where I can download some good samples on
how to do this?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Mon

What is the best way 2 programmatically display graphics files (ie JPEG, BMP) in Pocket PC?

Post by Yaroslav Goncharo » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:35:45

Hi

GDI is a good choise. For maximum perfomance I can use GAPI (e. g. if you
plan to have special effects). There is no DirectX on Pocket PC.

Have a look at
1. GDI - fullscreen mode
http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/fullscreen.html

2. Drawing images with GAPI
http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/gapibuffer.html

http://www.pocketpcdn.com/libraries/voimage.html

--
Yaroslav Goncharov
Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices

Quote:> Hi!

> I'm new to Pocket PC multimedia, I'm trying to research the best way to
> display (also zooming, etc) graphics file (ie JPEG, BMP) in a PDA (ie HP
> Jornada) running Pocket PC. How can I do this programmatically? Is it
better
> to use GAPI, DirectX or just use the GDI APIs?

> Can you give me some good websites where I can download some good samples
on
> how to do this?

> Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

> Regards,
> Mon

1. Need source code to display large tiff,bmp,jpeg pictures on Ipaq

I am looking for a program that can display large picture files (>100meg) on
my Ipaq.  This program should be able to read a portion of the picture file
into the main memory (limited memory) of Ipaq and read more as I scroll back
and forth. I think this is possible when the picture file has tiff format.

Thanks,

2. Quattro Pro 5

4. VPN 3005 - Concurrent sessions limit

5. How can convert .PSW file (POCKET WORD file) to BMP file?

6. W2K Server Help on a W2K Professional System?

7. I am an american learning chinese and am looking for the best platform and

8. HELP: Odd Nickname problem

9. jpeg images in pocket pc IE

10. Jpeg or BMP?

11. How to display JPEG files?

12. Download & Display Graphics Files via HTTP

13. New QA at Pocket PC Developer Network: How to save a bitmap into a jpeg file?