Next version of the Pocket PC? Get an iPAQ!

Next version of the Pocket PC? Get an iPAQ!

Post by Brad Adria » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 04:55:49



Well, CNET is one thing, but I know it's official now that it's on
PocketPCThoughts.com!

--

Brad Adrian MS-MVP/CE



Quote:> Nothing on features, but it seems it has been confirmed that iPAQ's
> will get the upgrade via the Flash ROM.

> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-6685321.html
> --
> _____________________________________
> Ed Hansberry
> Microsoft MVP - Windows CE   www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp
> ActiveSync problems? -

http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/howdoi/activesync.asp
 
 
 

Next version of the Pocket PC? Get an iPAQ!

Post by thesain » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 07:37:26


It's everywhere!
In asian site too.
http://www.ppcsg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?
topic=856&forum=2&4
Rumor? It's time to clarify! MVP?

>-----Original Message-----
>Well, CNET is one thing, but I know it's official now
that it's on
>PocketPCThoughts.com!

>--

>Brad Adrian MS-MVP/CE




>> Nothing on features, but it seems it has been confirmed
that iPAQ's
>> will get the upgrade via the Flash ROM.

>> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-6685321.html
>> --
>> _____________________________________
>> Ed Hansberry
>> Microsoft MVP - Windows CE   www.pocketpc.com
>> What is an MVP? -

http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp

- Show quoted text -

Quote:>> ActiveSync problems? -
>http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/howdoi/activesync
.asp

>.


 
 
 

Next version of the Pocket PC? Get an iPAQ!

Post by Chris De Herrera, MVP - Pocket P » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 12:31:55


See my post in the discussion about Merlin above.

--
Chris De Herrera
Microsoft MVP - Pocket PC
http://www.cewindows.net - Most Complete set of FAQs on Windows CE
http://www.purece.com - Pocket PC and Windows CE Discussions


> It's everywhere!
> In asian site too.
> http://www.ppcsg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?
> topic=856&forum=2&4
> Rumor? It's time to clarify! MVP?

> >-----Original Message-----
> >Well, CNET is one thing, but I know it's official now
> that it's on
> >PocketPCThoughts.com!

> >--

> >Brad Adrian MS-MVP/CE




> >> Nothing on features, but it seems it has been confirmed
> that iPAQ's
> >> will get the upgrade via the Flash ROM.

> >> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-6685321.html
> >> --
> >> _____________________________________
> >> Ed Hansberry
> >> Microsoft MVP - Windows CE   www.pocketpc.com
> >> What is an MVP? -
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp
> >> ActiveSync problems? -
> >http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/howdoi/activesync
> .asp

> >.

 
 
 

Next version of the Pocket PC? Get an iPAQ!

Post by Chris De Herrera, MVP - Pocket P » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 22:35:28




> See my post in the discussion about Merlin above.

> --
> Chris De Herrera
> Microsoft MVP - Pocket PC
> http://www.cewindows.net - Most Complete set of FAQs on Windows CE
> http://www.purece.com - Pocket PC and Windows CE Discussions



> > It's everywhere!
> > In asian site too.
> > http://www.ppcsg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?
> > topic=856&forum=2&4
> > Rumor? It's time to clarify! MVP?

> > >-----Original Message-----
> > >Well, CNET is one thing, but I know it's official now
> > that it's on
> > >PocketPCThoughts.com!

> > >--

> > >Brad Adrian MS-MVP/CE




> > >> Nothing on features, but it seems it has been confirmed
> > that iPAQ's
> > >> will get the upgrade via the Flash ROM.

> > >> http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1006-200-6685321.html
> > >> --
> > >> _____________________________________
> > >> Ed Hansberry
> > >> Microsoft MVP - Windows CE   www.pocketpc.com
> > >> What is an MVP? -
> > http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp
> > >> ActiveSync problems? -
> > >http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/howdoi/activesync
> > .asp

> > >.

 
 
 

Next version of the Pocket PC? Get an iPAQ!

Post by Michael Lync » Sat, 28 Jul 2001 23:44:13


This is just a hunch, but something seemingly happened to the MS NG servers
last night. Posts were not showing via Usenet (at least on MS's servers),
yet were present via the Web interface at PocketPC.com. At around 7:30 PM,
Pacific Time, posts stop appearing from news.microsoft.com, and
msnews.microsoft.com. My guess is that some of Chris' messages got lost
during this period, and he reposted them to be on the safe side. Of course,
he would have to see them to respond, so who knows (perhaps he accessed them
via another NG server, and responded there?).

Did anyone else notice that little "outage" last night, or was it just me?

-Mike *
=====================================

Visit my Digital Camera Page:
http://www.veryComputer.com/~m*
=====================================



> Why are your posts appearing quoted when you post them?



message

> >> See my post in the discussion about Merlin above.

> >> --
> >> Chris De Herrera
> >> Microsoft MVP - Pocket PC
> >> http://www.veryComputer.com/ - Most Complete set of FAQs on Windows CE
> >> http://www.veryComputer.com/ - Pocket PC and Windows CE Discussions



> >> > It's everywhere!
> >> > In asian site too.
> >> > http://www.veryComputer.com/
> >> > topic=856&forum=2&4
> >> > Rumor? It's time to clarify! MVP?

> >> > >-----Original Message-----
> >> > >Well, CNET is one thing, but I know it's official now
> >> > that it's on
> >> > >PocketPCThoughts.com!

> >> > >--

> >> > >Brad Adrian MS-MVP/CE




> >> > >> Nothing on features, but it seems it has been confirmed
> >> > that iPAQ's
> >> > >> will get the upgrade via the Flash ROM.

> >> > >> http://www.veryComputer.com/
> >> > >> --
> >> > >> _____________________________________
> >> > >> Ed Hansberry
> >> > >> Microsoft MVP - Windows CE   www.pocketpc.com
> >> > >> What is an MVP? -
> >> > http://www.veryComputer.com/
> >> > >> ActiveSync problems? -
> >> > >http://www.veryComputer.com/
> >> > .asp

> >> > >.

> --
> _____________________________________
> Ed Hansberry
> Microsoft MVP - Windows CE   www.pocketpc.com
> What is an MVP? - http://www.veryComputer.com/
> ActiveSync problems? -

http://www.veryComputer.com/
 
 
 

1. Next version of Windows CE & Pocket PC....and the Ipaq 5000 series....?

I have tried to find information regarding the release status of Windows CE
4.0 (codename talisker) but I am not having much luck. As far as I can see
it is currently in beta testing, but it looks like it has been for over a
year!

I have heard that the new version will require higher resolution screens -
does anyone know what the specs require yet? I am asking this as I see the
new Ipaqs are meant to have higher resolution screens (320x480) and I wonder
if this is because they're getting ready for the next version of WinCE &
Pocket PC or if they are just trying to make their screens easier to read
(especially with the ClearType problems of current devices...)

I guess, in summary.... What are the chances that the new Ipaq 5000 Pocket
PC's will be running the next version of WinCE & Pocket PC ?? :)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Paul

2. digital audio mixer

3. The next version of Pocket PC should...

4. Which newsgroup to use??

5. Next version of Pocket PC : When ?

6. About Subauthentication

7. Next Version of Windows for Pocket PCs

8. Sas data validation

9. ANN: WIS Bar version 1.00 - prerelease review of the next version

10. getting or changing to foreign version of pocket pc 2002

11. How to convert English Pocket PC Version 3.0 to Chinese version

12. Next version of PPC OS is due when?

13. Reader suggestion for next version